Engine cylinder cleaner every **miles?

GoldenMotor.com

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
My other hobby is rebuilding old Mercury Outboards. It is recommended to use Quicksilver or other engine cleaner (spray can full) each 100 hours to prevent carbon build up in cylinder and keep rings free ect. Even with the new oils, it's best to do.

What have any experts here found? I can't help but think it would be benificial... except for the exhaust (catalytic). Hmmm. What's the recomendation and why would be helpful.

Robert

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not in any way affiliated with the company that manufacturers Opti-2 oil but I'll tell you this. There is absolutely no evidence of carbon build up in my engines. That goes for the spark plug, combustion chamber, cylinder walls, pistons or rings. I run it in my 2 stroke bikes, snow blower and weed eater and they all have displayed clean running and no need for cleaners of any type. I'm a satisfied customer.
Tom

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I just found that SEA FOAM comes in a spray can now with a spray tube to get it in the spark plug hole or carb. int...Good stuff if you need to fog your motor down....