All the sudden stopped working?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

passivepsycho

Sep 17, 2009
South Dakota
Hi,

I'm new to this forum but haven't had any trouble with my gpb until recently. I installed it on an old mountain bike about two months ago and have ridden the crap out of it. (I'm well past the break in period) The problem is this, it ran perfectly the night before got me home from work no problem, then the next morning it just would do anything. From the troubleshooting guide that came with it I figured the clutch cable had stretched and now wasn't doing it's job, things like with the lever pulled the tire would still catch and you couldn't push it without a lot of effort but nothing inside the motor was happening. I've got spark, I adjusted the clutch all the way from totally slack to way too tight and everything in between with no luck, I even took the top off the cylinder head and checked for scoring, smooth as a babies butt. I'm totally out of ideas and not sure what to try. I've done so much troubleshooting that it should be in fine form when it does get running it's just getting to that part, nothing happens when you let out the clutch and you slowly come to a stop, once in a while you can hear the motor try to turn but that's it one little puff of air out of the exhaust and no go. Anybody have any ideas what I should do next? I'm not sure if I'm competent enough to go fiddling with taking the clutch apart but if I gots to I gots to. Any help would be most appreciated.

Jim:-||

passivepsycho

Sep 17, 2009
South Dakota
There's gas in the tube, I didn't check the carburetor because it didn't sound like the engine was putting at all just nothing. I've never had to use the choke or the gas button it always just fired right up, (guess it was a good day at the factory from what I've been reading) I'll check that in the morning.

Last edited:

passivepsycho

Sep 17, 2009
South Dakota
Ok, I checked the carb everything seems to be working just fine, so I pulled off the cover on the clutch and a ton of oil came pouring out, that doesn't seem right at all, and the clutch is very oily. What the **** do I do now? It's one of the 80/63cc motors, I don't have a brand name I got it off ebay.:-||

passivepsycho

Sep 17, 2009
South Dakota
Ok, so I pulled the whole clutch apart and somehow gas is getting in there and leaving oil all over everything. Everything is gas soaked and greasy I need to go get some brake cleaner which is what looks like a short term solution, any ideas on how the gas is getting into the clutch? Strange!

:-||

Status
Not open for further replies.