grubee kit or zoombicycles kit?

GoldenMotor.com

ericpaulin420

Jan 25, 2013
canada
hey guys i'm new to the forum and the motorbicycling community. i've just found out a couple days ago about these kits and i've read quit a bit about them since. i want to get a two stroke 66cc kit and being from canada the two choices that i have is either a grubee kit from motorizedbicycle.ca or a zoombicycles kit from zoombicycles.com to me they look pretty much the same. have any of you had any good or bad experiences from these brands and or sellers.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
My first bike was a zoom kit and it was a really good motor lots of power, never had any problems with it that werent my fault. I d say go with the zoom. Too bad they don't ship to the us anymore.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have bought five grubee 2010 48cc engines and all are still running, I may just be lucky but so far all six grubee engines that I have built bikes with or sold to others to build are still running. One friend brought me a kit and a bike to build his. Some have not had luck as good tho.

ericpaulin420

Jan 25, 2013
canada
greg what modifications did you do to the engines?? do you just use all the stock hardware? i've been reading a lot and tracking down parts sources for these engines and right now it seems like grubee gt5 parts are pretty easy to get i even found whole top end rebuild kit for 30$. as far as mods go all i want to do with mine is to make it durable i'll be lapping the head and cylinder changing intake exhaust and cylinder studs and get a better drive chain. i'll probably be keeping a couple top end kits around and ready to go just in case. what do you guys think about packing grease in the wrist pin needle bearing and crank bearing??

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You are right about the hardware, if you compare the kit supplied nuts, bolts and washers to those made by a company like dorman you can see the difference.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Those chrome acorn nut on the head on some engines will bottom out on the stud before the proper compression of the head gasket. I replaced the intake nuts as well with regular metric nuts.