I love garbage day...

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Scored a set of alloy rims and good tires of a junked out next suspension bike. The shock is trashed anyway so I stripped it for parts.

It makes a nice upgrade compared to the Pig's heavy steel OEM rims

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Nice score! I actually found a bike with a suspension fork in the trash. It was a little loose when I put it on my bike. I drove it that way for a little while, till my wife's brother in law loaned me a socket wrench with an extension bar and an allen socket. I took the fork apart, rearranged the rubber washers that go underneath the bolts, put it back together and now its not loose anymore. Another time I also found two perfectly good sets of tires in the trash. Salvaged/found bike parts are always good. We put enough time and money into our bikes, so any time we can get parts without having to spend an arm and a leg definitely helps.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Nice score! I actually found a bike with a suspension fork in the trash. It was a little loose when I put it on my bike. I drove it that way for a little while, till my wife's brother in law loaned me a socket wrench with an extension bar and an allen socket. I took the fork apart, rearranged the rubber washers that go underneath the bolts, put it back together and now its not loose anymore. Another time I also found two perfectly good sets of tires in the trash. Salvaged/found bike parts are always good. We put enough time and money into our bikes, so any time we can get parts without having to spend an arm and a leg definitely helps.
Yeah> I'm thinking of using the fork too for the v-brakes but I generally don't like cheap suspension because it makes the bike feel wiggly and insecure to me. I want the brakes but would like to cut off the cantilever setup and just weld it on my fork to keep the basket and avoid the wiggles! Don't know if it will fit yet though.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
oh yea buddy...half the parts on my bike itself are salvaged...best find was the mongoose mountain bike tires that have 3/4 inch nubbys that stick out everywhere...little tricky in the corners but damn they work well in snow and rain

edangel

Sep 7, 2010
seveirville tn
i know what u mean i got a univiga alpina with a next suspension fork v brakes my narber is a picker and i get anything for bikes from him so i dont have to look

Last edited: