my jag almost there

GoldenMotor.com

charliechaindrive

Sep 3, 2011
minnesota
Haha mine looked almost exactily like yours before today. I converted mine into a board track racer and if you find a triple sprung seat and do like 1 mod to the seat and the bike you ,an double the comfortability.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
WOW! SWEET! Did you make the tank? I love how it fits over the top bar like a more modern motorcycle. EDIT: WOOF! Just noticed this thread is 2 1/2 years old. :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
WOW! SWEET! Did you make the tank? I love how it fits over the top bar like a more modern motorcycle. EDIT: WOOF! Just noticed this thread is 2 1/2 years old. :)
Scott, the owner of the bike and the Original Poster of this thread will still appreciate your comments even 2.5 years later. (that bike has undergone some beautiful changes since that photo was taken) That tank is from a Suzuki Junior. I have one like it that Scott gave me. It is a sweet little tank and looks like it was made to fit the Jaguar top tube.
Tom

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
NEET! May I ask what year is that Suzuki. I Google image searched and got everything but things that looked like that.

charliechaindrive

Sep 3, 2011
minnesota
Yez more info wud be awesom I found a strange tank at a garage sale and it looks like a indian gastank but its way to wide for my jaguars spine so your tank is probably 2nt best idea

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
oh and if you get one from ebay.. Try to get one with a petcock you cant get em from Suzuki ...no longer available....
If you're careful and know how to use a pipe tap, you can thread the petcock nipple on the tank internally to accept a standard 1/8"NPT petcock. The trick is to not thread too deep. Just enough to get the new petcock threaded in then let the tapered threads do the sealing. The original tanks used an externally threaded petcock and that's the part that's hard to come by. I used a stainless steel petcock from Grainger on mine. Works great.
Tom

Last edited: