Manic mechanic "old" style sprocket adapter

GoldenMotor.com

chrisnbush

Jan 10, 2008
Richmond, NH
Hi -

I am working on a new build, and have one of the original manic mechanic sprocket adapters - the one with 9 mounting bolts, the mount is circular - has 2 halves which clam over the hub, then an exterior circle piece that bolts to the 2 halves, again with 9 bolts that just go between the spokes.

Fits pretty well on my Wheelmaster 7 speed wheel, but since I can't find any of these out there anymore (MM has gone to a new design, the 3 pronged thing) I was wondering how well the original design worked ? I am concerned it isn't out there anymore because it may have been a "wheel destroyer" a.k.a pineappple mounts machined for 14guage spokes...

Anyone have experience with this older style ? I hate to waste it, although the new design is simpler, at least has 1 less piece.

Thanks

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
They work very well. I've never heard of one failing. I'm still running a couple of bikes that sue them. You don't want yours? I'll take it. I even have an extra sprocket for it.
SB

chrisnbush

Jan 10, 2008
Richmond, NH
No, I need to use it - just wanted to check to see if there was another reason why MM went to the new design. I will say it is a bit heavy, adds quite a bit of weight to the wheel.

Thanks