Latest Build... The Baron

GoldenMotor.com

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Finished it about a month ago but just now getting around to posting pix.
My son re-inforced the frame (an older Huffy Surfside) as well as the
monark forks. I made the faux oil tank using PVC... it's just a hidden
compartment but i went ahead and put a petcock, hose and filler cap on
to make it look real. Still need to hook up a rear hand break but other
than that it's done... she runs great and rides nice and smooth.
200+ miles and no signs of fatigue, then again i dont ride all that
fast like some of you guys. They probly wouldn't let me in the 20
and under club thou... cause i hit 20-25 sometimes :)

Attachments

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Looks great! Nice and clean. I like the false oil tank, I have been thinking of doing something similar for a toolbox.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Very nice looking build. I see a lot of attention to details. Red and black is always a winner.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
That looks very nice! Could we get a close up of the steering head area? Is that a headlight or a horn in there? Looks like it has louvers.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The oil tank looks great. You could store a a few ounces of two stroke oil in there in a small bottle in case you need to refuel at a gas station. That's what I use my faux tank for.

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Thanks guys, it was a fun build & I really am please with how it came out.

As for the silver part on the front, yes, it's an older horn that runs off a D-cell bettery. Not really loud enough but decided i liked the looks of it so it stayed. The head lights are the two black parts above it on the handlebars.
I thought they kind of looked like the machine guns used on those old WWI war planes.

And I agree, the oil tank is gunius... but it was someone else on this forum gunius idea :) not mine. I can't remembe who's... but I have seen them made a few different ways (tin cans to pvc) and I have wanted to impliment one ever since seeing it here on other builds. This bike finally provided enough space to fit a decent sized one in there. I like the idea of keeping a few oz. of oil in case i'm ever in need but I'll probly keep a few ounces of antfreeze in it for those cold late fall/early spring rides :) it's big enough to hold both...

Again, thanks for the compliments all

Geezer

May 2, 2011
Illinois
thanks Aleman, I did not know that... thought it was 20 and under.
so, where do I go to sign up :)

I must confess thou... I did once go nearly 40 coasting down a big hill but I promise I'll never do it again lol was way too fast for a bicycle