hard starting predator

GoldenMotor.com

tn97kouki

Sep 17, 2011
tn
I am having some trouble with re-starting the predator once it has been ran for a little while . I have redrilled the jet because I have Quenton's flex pipe exhaust so I am not running it lean . Does anyone have any suggestions ? I love the power this motor has but I am about to switch back to my HS50 and add a sbp shift kit ( because the HS starts every time ....) Thanks guys .

tn97kouki

Sep 17, 2011
tn
No , it runs really well while it's running . It is just difficult to restart . I had the float out of adjustment and fiddled with that quite a bit to get it back to where it should be . I can't remember what I drilled the jet out to .

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
No , it runs really well while it's running . It is just difficult to restart . I had the float out of adjustment and fiddled with that quite a bit to get it back to where it should be . I can't remember what I drilled the jet out to .
If I remember correctly I drilled my 99cc out to .031. i haven't ridden it yet so I don't know how easy it will start. I started it on the work bench a bunch of times & it fired right up. I also have a 79cc Greyhound that starts hard after it's warmed up. I don't ride the 79cc one much so I think I just have to figure out the secret to easily starting it.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Both my preddys seem to need choke to start, even when hot. The carbs are set very lean from the factory. After changing to a different air cleaner and a strait exhaust, I drilled my jet out about .003 larger than stock and it ran right, after that.