My First Build

GoldenMotor.com

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
I am so proud of my first build Motor Bike that I just had to post some pics of it. I had to include a pic of my stable too. A Royal Enfield 500 Bullet and a Stella (Vespa) scooter with a Piaggio 200 engine in it. These are my three mounts. There is a common theme here. All are 'Low Tech' anachronisms that make demands on what mechanical skill I have to keep them running.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

OH, and I need to add many thank you's to the guys here that answered my silly questions and gave me good advice. This is a great forum and you all are great guys. Thanks for everything.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Gosh, Fred. That's a fine looking line-up!
I'll bet yah got an F-250 diesel and a Pantera behind that garage door! lol

IMO you would do well to take 1 link out of the MAB chain and re-adjust the tensioner.

Best
rc

fredgold52

Dec 3, 2009
Illinois
Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, the Enfield is cool. I enjoy cruising the two lane blacktops on it. Just slugging along at 50 to 55. It'll go faster of course, but there's no point in it. I use the Stella the same way. It's a 4 speed on the left grip. Very retro and cool.

I'll be messing with the MB tomorrow. I'll try taking a link out of the chain. If I had a half link, it would be perfect. It's really a cool machine to ride.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
I was curious how your project came out, Fred. I bet it looks real sweet driving down the street.

That little red thing on the front of your engine has me quessing though.