In all honesty how many miles have you gotten out of a HT engine before it died????

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Re: In all honesty how many miles have you gotten out of a HT engine before it died??

The most miles I have gotten outta my kit was 6,214. Im on my second kit and have put about 4,000 on her! I havent had any major issues. adjusted the carb here and there but thats it!
The question was for HT (chinese 2 stroke) engines, not bumblebees.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Re: In all honesty how many miles have you gotten out of a HT engine before it died??

I'm also using a chainsaw wrist pin bearing, but still looking for a good bushing to replace this bearing.Too bad RSE does'nt sell bushings.Gaskets, ..
I used a Bluebird 65cc wrist pin bearing but I heard a Zenoah 40 bearing will also work but you have to ream the hardened rod. I remember it took me a couple of hours on a mill to correctly ream the rod to the correct diameter.
I standard drill will not work.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

I got over 5000 miles on my motor, mostly because she is fed a steady diet of leaded fuel and a synth/castor oil blend, i also clean out the carbon and varnish twice a year, once in spring, and once in fall.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

I dont count miles either, because I dont have a trip meter or odometer, but my current engine was purchased in April of last year, so it is now a year and a half old, and hasn't been abused by a lot of long distance trips. I took one long trip with this engine that amounted to a round trip of roughly 40 miles. I use conventional oil, 4 ounces to a gallon, and I take the best care of her that I can.

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando

I dont know how you are getting so lucky with these engines....I have had 7 of them and none of them give me over a few hundred miles....I have been doing a experiment with this new engine....Im not running it over 22 mph at less than half throttle and have 250 miles on it so far....Im thinking at lower RPMs it will last alot longer....
John

He asked how many miles not feet guys! lol

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario

7 engines with a few hundred miles each ? ( roughly 3 us.gal/engine ? )

OK I,m canadian paying $1.28/liter = $4.84/us.gal

If each engine uses 3 gallons of gas
If each engine costs $180
Thats $60 worth of engine per gallon of gas
$60 +$4.84 = $64.84/us.gal

DUDE .. THAT IS $64.84 A GALLON

I,de rather be cruisin' around in a Sherman tank .

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

I only recently put an odometer on one of my builds and it is showing 12,532 miles. I ride a LOT since this is my only transportation. This engine is running strong with no mechanical failures so far. I did replace a water shorted ignition coil. I have had other motors which I know were much higher mileage than this current one but I did not buy them new so I don't know about any previous repairs. I take VERY good care of my motors and have had nothing but great results considering the abuse I give them. (I'm 250+lbs and I ride it like I stole it) I will admit it seems I have exceptional luck with these kits...everyone I meet who knows these engines is amazed by my mileage and lack of trouble I get with them. *knocks on wood*
I just have a knack with rind-dingers, always have, ever since my first Hodaka.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Mine was a super rat. That thing ran even with the rod so loose the piston was marked from hitting the head at tdc. Lol!