Best 4 stroke Frame mount kit with a GOOD GEARBOX

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
popcorn...you weren't there... the reply was to a person that WAS in the chat !!!
No, I am not a salesman, if I was, I wouldn't be so poor rotfl... yup guilty as charged :)
I live in a small town(20k people) and have a 25mile radius selling area, so no, I never expected to sell many
I became a dealer because it was the only way to get a kit (most that know me, know that already)
I waited a long time for a reliable gearbox for 4cycle to become available...
Mike Simpson and Quenton Guenther both have stellar reputations in the whizzer community, hearing they were involved was what convinced me, site unseen, that it would be the way for me to go
I have no control over the EZM site, and I have never said an un-truth about my bike and/or kit
the cover is on the drive to keep unscrupulous people from copying the design (as reported elsewhere, EZM has already been threatened with "if you won't let us make it for you, we will just steal it!!!")...would you post pics ??? I think not !!!
it has been reprted the basic design is a tensioned belt primary
as for the price...any company selling an american made gearbox, is in the same range (staton, gebe...etc)
if someone can spend the $$$ to buy 3 kits they refuse to use, they could have purchased one that works exactly as it is claimed to :)
as for saying I love my bike...that is my opinion...
I work my bike very hard (intense heat, heavy loads, lots of miles), it deserves my praise :)
I am not on this site to sell, I am here to help and be helped (just like most of us members)
comparing me to the dog was a low blow tho, I took that shot the hardest :(

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
You're right Bill, That was a bad shot. I've seen that on the forums people are much braver than they are when you see them face to face. I work construction & if the boss says someone said something about me, I say lets the 3 of us get together. That usually ends it. Most people talk big when they're not facing the person they're bad mouthing. You're a good guy, don't let someone that's good with his fingers on the keypad get you down. Just hope you or I meet him at a rally sometime.
Jay

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I am not trying to do anything in this thread but offer another option,,,that is what the OP was about
I believe the better informed, the better off the consumer will be :):):)

btw, the new auto-clutch version, the 'Q-matic' will be available as a seperate part, as requested by many people, of the manual 'silent-drive'

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Actually - I've been watching this thread with some interest. I would LOVE a 4stroke, except I have a few minor concerns...

1. The price, tho steepish is acceptable at around 500ish IF the motor is worth the investment, I respect Honda a lot so... are the Hondas the best available?

2. There's been a lot of back-and-forth about the gearboxes - anyone have a final say about which one IS best?

3. I suppose it's just fashion lol - but I despise recoil starters, is there any other option to start these 4 strokes?

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Barely if you can engage the wheel with the motor my honda will start within 2 ft of rolling. Honda GX50cc motor is designed for commercial applications.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
The new EZM Q-Matic drive is very, very nice. I rode two bikes with this drive at the East Coast Rally in Lewes, Delaware this past weekend. One was Quenton's Honda GX50-powered prototype and the other was a 79cc Harbor Freight Greyhound-engined bike my brother and I built. I really like not having to pedal from a stop. It's very smooth, and you build up speed deceptively fast. I had both bikes over 35mph before I knew it.
I have the original EZM Silent Drive (with a Hua Sheng 49cc) on another bike, and it's the smoothest take-up of any manual "clutch" system I've experienced. It's a much better system than the one on my Whizzer. Both drives have a lot going for them. The Q-Matic will also be sold as a stand alone unit for those who have good engines but gearboxes that have gone west (so to speak) or those looking to experiment with alternative engines, such as the Greyhound.

bobdirt

Apr 12, 2009
usa
A properly set up grubee type two will give many thousands of miles trouble free. Not to bash the others but the EZM belts only last a couple of hundred miles, don't pull well from a stop and, won't climb as well as a grubee. Hoots....end of subject. Gebe,s are good. I will ask this question If the EZM is as good as the dealers say then why doesn't non dealers say the same? I do think the Ezmatic is on the right track.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
My belt on my EZ lasted 500 + miles. The new one cost $8.00 & took about 60 seconds to change. It pulls out great & cruises at 30 to 33 MPH, gets about 200 miles per gallon.
Jay

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
I only have around 100 miles on my belt so far, but I believe Quenton got many more miles than a couple hundred out of his before he replaced it. But he has no hills to speak of. The longevity of the belts will also depend on the make of belt. A Gates would last longer than some of the less costly brands. The beauty of the Silent Drive is the ability to custom tune it for top end or climbing ability by changing pulley sizes or using an adjustable pully (along with changing belt size). That said, I still want to convert my EZMotorbike to the new Q-Matic drive. I really liked it when I rode it at Lewes.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
A properly set up grubee type two will give many thousands of miles trouble free. Not to bash the others but the EZM belts only last a couple of hundred miles, don't pull well from a stop and, won't climb as well as a grubee. Hoots....end of subject. Gebe,s are good. I will ask this question If the EZM is as good as the dealers say then why doesn't non dealers say the same
Are these toothed belts? If not there may be an efficiency issue.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
The Silent Drive cannot use an AX-series (or toothed) belt because the belt gets bent backwards (kind of like a serpentine) by the idler. A toothed belt will get damaged if it is bent that way.
Aha... Thanks. I can't wait for some independent reviews. And hopefully price will come down once these are mfg in quantity.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
After pondering and searching This forum... Other forums, And all over.... Basically the best 4 stroke in frame kit i can come up with, Is this one 50cc Complete Gas Powered Engine Kit (Honda) - $499.99 But, After doing some more research, I have also found that the stage three whopper gearbox has issues such as it not engaging and running severely hot also needing to be packed with excessive grease to work properly etc… And the hoot gear box is simply garbage… So, Is there any of you out there who have a couple thousand miles, And have an idea on which very reliable gearbox is out there? I'm trying to stay under the 500$ mark, and get a 99% reliable.. quiet 4 stroke to ride thousands of miles with, Is this reality with a 4 stroke and gearbox, Or am I going to need to buy a GEBE Kit? Thanks! dance1
Is it really a Honda ? or a clever Chinese copy ? they do that with everything else--Rolex watches etc--looks just like a Huangshui engine:-||

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
The Huasheng is a copy of the Honda- it is natural that they would look alike. The HS sells for $130 less than the Honda version you referenced.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton
wow i just discovered the wonderful world of mb and im stil;l stuck with crappy 2 stoke engines the last one i bought i dumped quite some money into it(40 bucks on skf main bearings, 70 bucks on sha 16.16 delloroto carb and anothe 100 for the expansion chamber from sbp and the kit of course wich was a 66 cc from bgf another 140 all canadian currency) and really hope it pays off im still building it am thinking of either doing anothe chinese motor perhaps even this one if im happy with end result and running the shifter kit from sbp or investing loads in a franco morinini 5.8 hp that just sounds like fun or coming over to the dark side (4 stroking) so far the ez rider cought my attention with theyre vids of the uphill runing and what people have claimed the only problem is there are no delers in Canada (lowere Ontario) and it seems like the most expensive alternitive of all i was hoping i could get diffrent advice and points from a whole bunch of you as most of you seem to be in the A game :)

SeanKuykendall

Sep 27, 2009
Fort Worth, Tx
wow i just discovered the wonderful world of mb and im stil;l stuck with crappy 2 stoke engines the last one i bought i dumped quite some money into it(40 bucks on skf main bearings, 70 bucks on sha 16.16 delloroto carb and anothe 100 for the expansion chamber from sbp and the kit of course wich was a 66 cc from bgf another 140 all canadian currency) and really hope it pays off im still building it am thinking of either doing anothe chinese motor perhaps even this one if im happy with end result and running the shifter kit from sbp or investing loads in a franco morinini 5.8 hp that just sounds like fun or coming over to the dark side (4 stroking) so far the ez rider cought my attention with theyre vids of the uphill runing and what people have claimed the only problem is there are no delers in Canada (lowere Ontario) and it seems like the most expensive alternitive of all i was hoping i could get diffrent advice and points from a whole bunch of you as most of you seem to be in the A game :)
I don't know much about the ezrider, but I love my set up from Dax/Scooter guy set up. Four stroke and shifting using the bikes rear derailer. Simple, reliable and fast. It climbs hills with ease too. Whole set up will cost ya 400.00, well worth it. I did the two strokers too, and as much as I like the look of them, I can't trust em too get me to work everyday. Hopefully they get their **** together over there as far as quality control on the engines/parts.
I am not associated with anybody, I am just another guy who needed to find an "alternative" transportation source. If you want to check out the pics they are up now. Hope it helps you!