The bike I DIDIN'T buy

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
My wife says I never spent ten minutes with a bike that I didn't buy but today I proved her wrong. On our weekly trip though goodwill I came across a mountain bike that was almost brand new. I mean no rust anywhere. I think someone bought it then had a heart attack the next day. This thing could have come off the showroom floor at wallymart.

I had to check out the gears and the the brakes. Yeah I know it's like kicking the tires on a used car. Just something you KNOW looks silly, but you just can't resist. I walked away not because the bike was over priced. It was a little, but I just don't have any use for another bike even though gears on the bubba bike would be kinda cool.

The bike was 15 speed according to the stencil. Anyway it was 45 bucks. I figure that is pretty close to what the original owner paid for a Mt. Fury at wally mart back in the day of 15 speeds. It was in beautiful shape though.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I was making a delivery for work and right next to the place I was dropping off the parts was a thrift store. They had a Gaint MTB for $12

I was going to get it but was worried the boss would get upset if I bought a bike while delivering parts.
When I got back I told her I almost bought a bike but thought she would get mad, she said I would have bought it for $12...Doohhh!

I went back right after work it was gone. Did not even looked like it was ridden.

DEATH4OF4

Mar 22, 2009
Green Bay, Wisconsin (Frozen Tundra)
I Lucked Out On My Bike My Friend Got It Off Craigslist And I Was Jealous It Was A Giant Cypress St Silver And Black. Thin Frame Was Perfect To Mount A Motor And The 700c Wheel Would Give Me More Speed And Lower My Rpms For Less Vibration. He Called Me 2 Weeks After Buying The Bike Saying He Needed Some Money And Wanted To Know If I Wanted To Buy If... For Sure.the Bike I Had My Motor On Was A Huffy Pileocrap With Those Old School Brakes Not Good For Stopping At All + It Was To Small For Me. This 28 " Frame Is Way Better And You Got To Love Those V Brakes. Could Not Pass It Up For 90 Bucks.its A Nice Bike That Gets Me 43 Mph On A Good Day.

Attachments

knucklepanshovel

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
I picked up a 24" suspension mountain bike last week for free brand new local K-Mart threw it away & it was tossed into the dumpster behind store they are doing a major clean up remodel of store & getting rid of all the clutter.

the bike is missing the chain & rear derailer & seat bolt but otherwise was as new with a few scratches & still has price labels on.

inside they had a few marked down to $35 to $50 inside that were complete.

Later,
Randy