Loss of power turning corners

GoldenMotor.com

jimfarnell

Mar 19, 2009
cypress
A puzzling condition - where I will be riding along 20 mph or so turn a gentle corner then loose power down to an idle for 500 yards or so then power comes back with easing on with throttle. Could this be a float issue with carb ? Also have to throttle up super slow to reach any speed above 20. Maybe a gas restriction issue inside carb ? My 80 cc engine still breaking in now 40 miles on it with fuel at 16:1. Thanks for any help

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yeah I think your float lever could be to low or your fuel valve is restricting the flow of fuel. You could also be having a venting problem with the gas tank cap.

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
I had a similer problem,it was my cable. Parked ,at idle I would turn left and the motor would rev.
I would have to go with dvdtz on this. Do you notice a difference when you turn left or right. i would check the cable first to see if it is hung up on something. Also if it is the cable the motor would rev high when turning one way and rev down turning the other way. Hope this helps you out. If it is a fuel problem I would check the filters. I had a similar problem and my filters were clogged.

Last edited:

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
A puzzling condition - where I will be riding along 20 mph or so turn a gentle corner then loose power down to an idle for 500 yards or so then power comes back with easing on with throttle. Could this be a float issue with carb ? Also have to throttle up super slow to reach any speed above 20. Maybe a gas restriction issue inside carb ? My 80 cc engine still breaking in now 40 miles on it with fuel at 16:1. Thanks for any help
hey Jim
This is the guy that you bought your kit off.

I came up with similar diagnoses as you guys over the phone with Jim
with no success so I had him bring his bike over to my shop

It was barely running off idle and it only took popping the float bowl off
to find the problem which was that the jet had completely unscrewed
and was loose in the float bowl.
It was amazing that it even ran and that Jim had 50 miles on it in that condition.

So another happy customer........I stand behind my kits, warranty the parts and
do whatever it takes to get them running as well as answering the phone and being easy to get a hold of.

say something nice about me, Jim.... :D :D