rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
lol

yardsales, thrift stores, craigslist...
might even be a good idea to ask some of the neighborhood kids
if they'll talk to u

plenty of busted trucks around with 1 wheel still functioning.

shipping costs have gotten to be a real deal killer on many, many things.
rc

familyguy

Jan 7, 2012
lincoln, ca
dude!!!! good idea...i tried the local walmart they dont carry skateboards as strange as that sounds, or maybe thats a lowlife's stall tactic to not work, but DUDE, i will try the local skateboard shop...if there is one,
im the kind of DUDE that doesnt wanna SpeNd $20 in gas to pick up a $2 wheel across
town. i would however pay <$5 shipping if someone wanted to sell me one. but dude thanks for pointing out where im located, it was up until now dude that i realised i AM in california. thanks for the heads up

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
no problem, dude...:)

seriously, though, i've worked at skateshops as a kid, and been around it my whole life. most shops have extra wheels, due to theft or whatever, and kids leave their old worn out ones all the time.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Walmart has got cheapo skateboards for like $5!!!!!

Prolly the same cost you would pay for shipping... and now you have 4 new wheels to boot
Good thought - but I'd hafta say even at $5 ($12 I think) it's a waste of money as the wheels are "fake" in that they're hard plastic & poorly molded (bubbles etc) & just covered in a layer of softer plastic with really crappy stamped bearings.

I got a cheap wallyworld board for the wheels, I was making idlers for my taddy project & I already had a set of far better bearings so I thought I was golden - but as soon as a lathed them I saw that there's gonna be problems. The outer layer isn't even adhered to the inner so they'll peel & the inner is rock hard, so they'll transmit the vibration of the chain links severely.

As ya only need one (mebbe two for a do-over) I'd reco just getting a decent set of softies, the better bearings alone would be worth it *shrug*

Last edited:

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Here's a link on Ebay. Eleven Bucks with shipping and the wheel is already turned down. I've never bought the product or know the seller. Maybe some one else here has. Sometimes you only get what you pay for.

http://tinyurl.com/74anhzd

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
PIG WHEELS Good quality wheels to lathe and last a lifetime. Click to take you to the shop. $15 a set and you can re-sell on here to make back your money.