Additions/mods through the winter

GoldenMotor.com

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Seeing as it was a lonnnnng winter up here in Canada thought I would post a few pics to share with all. The bike is a bit dirty lol it started snowing tonight!

First pic is the billet aluminum rear engine mount - longer, taller and precisely machined to the downtube so the engine does not shift or move at all and moves the engine forward to allow a bigger air filter.
Second pic is a revamped stainless downpipe I polished. It is actually 316SS. My last one was bent 45 degrees and made the exhaust noisier as it hit the ground so this keeps it a little more stealthier.
#3 is the new Mallosi filter, about 50% more intake area than my older one.
#4 is just a side view.
#5 is the view from the cockpit wuth the new vapor motorsports computer. Absolutely love it as it is backlit and and has settable rpm and cylinder head warning lights as well as a host of other aspects. It also shows the back side and mount of the new billet aluminum lights I finished up tonight. I made a new switch mounting plate that used the former dpdt switch with a new addition, a on/off push button switch to give me a high/low combo or 1 and 2 lights.

More next post!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
6th picture is of the automotive led tailight it has 2 rings of 7 leds and is brutally bright to make sure im seen.

7th pic is the front shot of the 12v9w led emitter lights. The actual draw is 7.5w each for a total of 15w or 1.25 amp in total. I am going to finish aiming them tonight they are very bright and have a nice trick housing. I like them for the fact that that they work with existing 12v electrical system. I have a led flasher on it's way to make my self even more recognizable to drivers at night.

Last pic is the custom machined and welded coil bracket I built as well.

Next winter I plan on repainting the frame and tidying up the exhaust etc.

Cheers.

Attachments

Last edited:

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Thanks, it is the previous aluminum flat bar and now includes 1'' ss tubing, strong and light though there is a bushing inside of it where the hole goes through and bolts to the flatbar so it does not crush or loosen.