Strada by Vari Flex-motorized?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Yes. I most likely will mount it to the "seat post".
Basically I will be re-inventing the whole darned scooter. Not because it would be practical, but I want to and it would end up in the eyes of the law being a license/ registration/ insurance not necessary vehicle. Really cheap to own and operate.
I am sorta stumped on where the gas, oil and battery would fit though. Some sorta custom "fairing" thing on the front perhaps?

I am sorry that I seem to have hi-jacked your thread with my own idea.
:(

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Its more than ok on the hijack. You are building something similar. I'm here to help that.

As for my gas tank,it will go on a rear rack,possibly mounted to the middle down tube and at the rear of my motor mount. You might have to mount some boxes up front on the sides of the head and down tubes.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Captains Log,Stardate 23.9,rounded off to the nearest decimal point.

I now have 2 disc rotor front scooter wheels,aluminum scooter deck,seat post mount,motor mount,and all the sprockets/freewheels & chain to get it going. Have to get access to a chop saw and possibly a dremel and I will be starting to put it all together.

Also need to get a set of springer fork supports and a couple chain tensioners,but maybe I won't need them in the beginning.

I will post pics of everything in a bit. Gotta put the kids down before daddy can play with his toys.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Here's those pics.

The tape on the deck is marking where I need to cut to fit around the front tubes.

I will need to drill new holes for the post mount.

After getting creative with the bolt placement,the caliper adaptor went on no sweat. Had to grind a piece off it though.

Yes,that's a Velosolo cog. The bolts are 12.9 grade and they were $.13 each from StatonInc.

Have to drill and cut the mount. There's 6 foot of chain in the bag.

Attachments