Score!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Lazy Dog

Oct 13, 2011
STL
Had to work late, and pissed off taking the long way home around construction. I see this bike out the corner off my eye leaning on a tree with a sign, 50.00. A closer look and some cell phone internet, and verified!!! Deal. 1941 columbia in pretty damn good condition. Apparently I was the only person interested so the wife made him gimme the chopper too.

Attachments

Lazy Dog

Oct 13, 2011
STL
The damn thing is impossible to ride, thinking a bigger front wheel will help. But there still close to six feet long. WIDE TURNS. The guy said he made them out of dolly rails so there strong at least.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You scored big time!
I hope someday to get at least one bike from the family farm. There are about 7 skiptooth bicycles hanging on the back wall of the tractor shed. I have no idea what brands though....

choppercrazy

Sep 28, 2011
minnesota
damn good
i wish my chopper i found was that nice the one i found is jst a huffy chopped streched welded but the guy who did it did a damn good job

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
Lucky find..skip tooth to boot! :D

i bought a 59 jc higgins last week at the same price, not near the condition as your find. And closer looks back home found bent forks and a couple spots on the frame :(

Lazy Dog

Oct 13, 2011
STL
The biggest problem is the 20" front wheel, it just pancakes(lays over) when you turn. Originally it had 20's front and back and shopper bars leaned way forward. All the bike geometry was completely messed up.

I had to replace the bars with MTB bars and put 24" on back and 26" upfront. IT CAN BE RIDDEN NOW, still wont turn very well. but I guess thats just a chopper thing.

Attachments