Skyhawk GT2B 48cc Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

Xeno360

Feb 1, 2011
US-NY
Hi guys! I just received my Skyhawk 48cc kit in the mail, and have been putting it together for the last week. An hour here and hour there. I work a lot so time is precious, So working on 1 thing takes me forever! So I put it all together, Was so excited to get it outside! (Although its bitter bitter cold here!), I went to get it started but came across a few problems. The carburetor has 3 extra hoses that don't goto anything but 1 is leaking gas/oil mixture a lot! One is dangling to the left. and the one on the right is leaking. There is also one in the back that is melted closed (Looks like a lighter was held to it o_O ). Am I suppose to have all these lines un-connected? OH YEAH, the clutch- While pulling the clutch it seems VERY stiff. pulling the level to dis-engage the engine takes both of my hands to do, And it doesn't feel to pleasant on my fingers! I've tried tightening more. No good. Loosened it some.. no good. Any ideas?

Much Appreciated!

PS: The engine started great! But would not idle. As soon as I came to a stop so did the engine. It also kept throwing the chain. I think there is a small wobble that I will have to take care of. :(

TNault

Feb 2, 2011
Florida
i had the chain problem also. u just have to fine tune the idler or tensioner. make sure the chain is slightly tight. but not to tight. very little slack. and look at the tensioner and make sure the pully is centered with the sprocket.. also check to make sure the sprocket isnt wobbeling either. i just moved the bike slowly watching the sprocket and when i saw the chain binding on the sprocket i tighten it on the area. take the rim to the closest bicycle shop to straighten it out.. its like 5$. alot more easy than trying to do it your self. faster too. oh yea dont worry bout the hoses. ones is just for overflow. go ahead and snip the one thats melted though. just to where its not blocked anymore.

Xeno360

Feb 1, 2011
US-NY
Thanks, Yeah I figured it all out! ^_^. I originally put the sprocket on wrong and didn't realize that I only needed 1 of the rubber isolators that comes with the sprocket and not 2. so it was wobbly at first, Also: Being that I've never used one of these before I never understood how a clutch worked. So I couldn't get it to idle because while the clutch was engaged I was coming to a stop and obviously the engine would shut off with it! Didn't realize I had to actually hold the clutch (Or lock it) before I come to a stop to allow it to continue running (idle). DOH! :p