Blade I

GoldenMotor.com

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
This is my stretched beach cruiser, complete with turn signals, brake lights, driving lights and dress lights, oh yeah and horn - it has a 80cc stealth engine with the NT carburator. It has been customized with the Macargi triple tree forks, custom saddle from ChoppersUS and vinyl wraps.

Attachments

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
it is set up for 12 volt, but runs on 9volt system, LED lighting, i took a electric drill pack which is a series of c cell batteries and wire them together (8) to 9 volt. can run the lights a month on one charge, the switch on handle bar is off a electric scooter, common switch. one battery pack, one switch for lights. seperate switch on cluster for turn signals, and horn - brake light switch in brake handle. the little turn lights are off a electric scooter that i got from Scooter Parts: Chinese and Asian Scooter Parts, Wholesale Scooter parts, Parts for Dirt Bikes, ATV, Off-Road Kart Parts.

looking to build another one next year but a bit more radical... i was really impressed with the stretched beach cruiser with a 110cc motor in it...

as far as the wiring diaghram, the junction box by the horn has been modified several times to reduce the use of wires, so it would be hard to set up a drawing of it. the original used a relay for switch on the handle bar, but with the LED lighting it wasnt necessay and a fuse system was added - inside of the box is also a low voltage flasher for LEDs, so its been restructured several times, but im sure i can come up with a wiring diaghram schematic.

Attachments

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
Why the drum instead of the disk?
the disc brakes didnt have the braking power like the drum brake - believe me i have disc brakes on all of my bikes - but im gonna convert to the drum brakes - my cruiser really had a problem of stopping in the city due to its weight and down hills with stop signs in the middle of the hill.

this drum brake 90mm almost locks up the wheel when applied - i have no back brake only the front because of the motored chain on side and the bicycle gears on the other side... blade II has front a back disc brakes, but im gonna convert it to drum too...

this photo is Blade II... no motor yet!

Attachments

Last edited:

allen_okc

Aug 18, 2010
oklahoma city, oklahoma
people are always asking about the seat on my bike - first of all i got to say its the most comfortable seat i have ever had on a cycle, the beach cruiser seats wear my arse off after a while, but i believe i could actually ride hundreds of mile on this seat without discomfort...

the seat is canadian and you can purchase it at ChopperUS.com...

heres a link to it;

Saddles : Seats - Vinyl - Cycles U.S. LLC/Choppers U.S.

Attachments