Minus an intake?

GoldenMotor.com

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Agree'd to try & tune a friend's carburetor the other day & I was quite surprised when I saw the bike. There is no intake; the carburetor mounts straight to the cylinder (similar to a low-end GoPed). Is this an advantage or disadvantage when it comes to power?

Says he bought the bike used, so he don't know where that motor came from (no names, stickers, or anything. It's just a 48cc slant). Anyone ever come across something like that?

Edit: The carburetor seems the same as the intake ones, except for the two bolts going through it and it has like a bleeder line coming out just above the float bowl. It also has a little valve on it near the gas line with a plastic white handle which you'd think would be a shutoff valve, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Kaos, Boy Go Fast Had Them For A While Last Summer, I Think It Has A Steel Sleeve Cylinder. Should Be A Good Setup. When I Was Up To Wisconsin Last Summer I Ordered One On My Debit Card For A Friend, I Was Back In Fl. When He Received It. I Was Wanting To Order Some, But He Was Out Of Stock, Said He Had More Coming. Ron