New Part

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looking good Howard. Just a word of advice though. You should be sure the vibrations won't loosen it. You wouldn't want it fall off and get run over.

It is a sweet looking head light. Very vintage. What's you plans for the rest of the bike?

Tom

Howardgf

Sep 27, 2015
NM
Thanks Tom. The light will be seriously secured if I ever get this thing built. Waiting on cylinder studs now from SBP. China is faster. The bike will be Steampunk, or Dieselpunk when finished. On one hand, I am tempted to just slap this first one together and see what happens. Just can't do that though. I stripped the bike for greasing. Little in the hubs (And that looked thin and used), none in the head or pedal housing. Full of green marine grease now. Fenders off for 1/8 inch steel reinforcement. The stock ones will just be decorative shells, I like the look. Pulled the cyl. studs, and will no doubt check for wheel/crankshaft runout. More than a few thou and apart it comes. Got SKF main and clutch bearings, so I guess it's coming apart anyhow. Not too worried about seals, but I'll upgrade those too, soon as I find some. All I know for certain is, no rubber engine mounts. Reinforce the frame in suspected failure spots, somehow. Thinking about cutting the welded rear rack mount in the middle, and re joining them with rubber tubing to relieve stress at that weld. Not sure yet. Spring fork, or moped, later, Stock for now. Maybe I'll just slap the next one together, so I'll have a basis for comparison. I'll add pics to my album as I get things done. All input appreciated, as always. Thanks, Howard.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I once had a cup holder that could fit a 20oz soda for my rides. I was going up a hill when my bike was completely stock and I had to maintain speed otherwise I wouldn't make it when the vibration decided it was time for my soda holder to relieve itself from my handle bars. At this point I can't stop. I am committed to the climb as I watch my refreshment fly off and smack the ground cap first. The explosion was great and many tears were had. Moral of the story make sure everything is tightened down properly and you won't be thirsty... er... without something that you would like to keep!

This is why I don't really do accessories on my bike. Some things are too dang cool though..

Howardgf

Sep 27, 2015
NM
Hi Jerry,
Yeah, or some combination of steam, and diesel, punk. I'd do art deco, if it weren't so complex.