Help selecting a cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

Smokoatay

Jul 20, 2013
Houston
Hi, I am a student looking to get a beach cruiser that someone will be helping me put a motor kit on. I like ones that have the luggage rack and fenders. They look retro to me. I only have about 250 to use on the bike itself so if somebody could give me some ideas on a bike to get, or even where to get one that would be great. Specific models and brands, even pictures would be helpful because I am new to this. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

kdaddy1980

May 22, 2013
Ohio
if you can find a murray monterey, its a quick build. the tubes are just the perfect size for the motor to bolt right on this is an older bike though maybe 80's or 90's i got one for free but it needed a paint job and some tlc. but you could probably find one for next to nothing maybe 30 or 40 bucks on craigslist.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
And the good old Huffy Cranbrook is a perfectly adequate bike --maybe even a bit better than merely adequate-- for this job.

They can be had for about $100 from the Beast of Bentonville.

(Wal-Mart)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've PMed you reagrding multiple posts. You have three threads going on this subject. Please restrict your questions to one area.

Thank you.

Tom

Smokoatay

Jul 20, 2013
Houston
I read it. I don't know if I can delete any or not, but I haven't started any new ones over it or anything at all actually but I think you know that already. Please let me know what I should do at this point.