My Sachs-engined 1911 Indian BTR

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Looks great, how about explaining it. Did you buy it that way, or did you make it? How about some details about the engine?

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
More art ;-)

I have found a white tirepaint, based on gum elastic with chloride, ordered a can and will try it, some people reported good tests...
and it will become a bit yellow-ish by the time, but that is what we want, don't we?
Will keep you guys updated, cause there are no 28" x 2.35 white tires on the market...

Attachments

Last edited:

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Axle,
A lot of love went into that bike. Tell about the engine...
SB
I have a whole thread about this build, John has posted the link here.

I had the engine running 3-4 times, but before I put ATF in the engine and do a testride I decided not to bring this bike on the road...
It is on the one hand the weight and the underdimensioned brakes and bicycle tires, and on the other hand....I know it sounds funny....but I think this bike looks much better in my living room... ;-)
And I will never get it streetlegal here in germany...

There will be a future build with motorcycle brakes and motorcycle tires, and a decent engine, V2 Briggs or so...I am already collecting parts!

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Axel, are you on the easter-weekend's saturday (30.3.13) on the swapmeet in Brokstedt ? i'm there to find some parts for my bikes. want to meet the man who build so nice BTR's, let's drink a coffee or something else....

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Axel, are you on the easter-weekend's saturday (30.3.13) on the swapmeet in Brokstedt ? i'm there to find some parts for my bikes. want to meet the man who build so nice BTR's, let's drink a coffee or something else....
Good idea, will keep that in my mind, not so far away from where I live :)