latest build 1948 Schwinn/ 9 HP clone

GoldenMotor.com

sjringding

Oct 12, 2009
san jose,ca
latest build 1948 Schwinn with KTM Clone motor 21mm PHBHG dellorto this frame is reinforced with Gussets everywhere awaiting AV88 moped hub no more broken axles no more cone adjustments. 26 x 2.4 CST Cyclops on Sta-Tru HD wheels. This build has become a serious obsession more so than the last 3 builds.

Attachments

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
latest build 1948 Schwinn with KTM Clone motor 21mm PHBHG dellorto this frame is reinforced with Gussets everywhere awaiting AV88 moped hub no more broken axles no more cone adjustments. 26 x 2.4 CST Cyclops on Sta-Tru HD wheels. This build has become a serious obsession more so than the last 3 builds.
Are you using the Motobecane hubs front and rear, or just on the rear?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That's a nice bike build. Post some more pictures.

BTW the rear hubs don't stop too good, make sure you run a front disk set-up.
By the time I was done with my wheel setup it cost close to 600.00 with tires.

sjringding

Oct 12, 2009
san jose,ca
jeeze tell me about it lessee need new spokes, reusing old rim i saw the post from the other guy about his motor and i about went outta my mind i can't afford another calamity i have'nt fired mine yet.okie dokie i'll post more pics i'm an unemployed fab buyer with a hella lot of good peeps without them i'd have nada

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Have you made any more progress on this bike? I really want to see what that motor can do on these cruiser-esque bikes. As well as the cosmetic side. I feel that the typical china doll motors can make a great looking bike not nearly as attractive as it could be.
Anyway, I can't wait to see where this bike goes!

sjringding

Oct 12, 2009
san jose,ca
well my wife and i are going thru **** right now but we spend our time getting things done together friday it was getting some mounts fabricated and tigged saturday looked for a moped rear sprocket to no avail i found a 43 tooth dyno chainring and a buddy turned it on his lathe while we waited its been slow going but i decided NO MORE COMPROMISES on this build i'm learning about patience photos will be up soon i guarantee you i won't disappoint you

sjringding

Oct 12, 2009
san jose,ca
it's been hectic but here is how it turned out with this week's paintjob 3 stage lacquer.runs good but dialing it in was tedious....dialing in phbg chasing vacuum leaks ...... made all the lighting as well

Attachments

Last edited: