New Build

GoldenMotor.com

donegood

Jan 1, 2012
San Diego
I'm new to these motors but have been messing with this kind of stuff all my life. So I got this for Christmas (Skyhawk 66)and I've got a nice beach cruiser to put it on. Only took a couple of hours now I'm stuck on the fine tuning. First of all this thing sounds really clanky inside. Could there be something loose banging around in there? Do these motors normally sound like that until they are broken in real good? Could it use any oil or lube to help quiet it down? I have some flex seal ( as seen on tv) I was thinking of putting on it, but of course I would do a test spot first. Second I can get the engine to work good but I have to adjust the choke once I get going and also at slow speeds. I am at sea level. Where should my c-clip be in the carb?
As I figure out how to get around in here I would love some feedback.
Thanks Donegood.crt.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
im not sure if there all noisy"clanky"but on mine the clanky sound goes away if i put pressure on the side cover tried tighting screws but still same,so i plan on tearing the covers off and making gasket material to take up slack or using shorter screws. hope this helps, and happy new year to ya

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Donegood... I have the skyhawk 66cc kit with CNS red air cleaner cover. I had trouble getting it to run without using the choke lever ever so slightly. I changed the needle settings and the carb jets but still had to use the choke. Finally I found a post on this site that said to remove the black vent tube from the back of the air cleaner, I did, and that fixed my problem. The skyhawk 66cc engine has had different carbs, so I'm not sure if this will work on your engine. Check out the posts on tuning the CNS carburetor.