NT carb leaking

GoldenMotor.com

SoFresh

Nov 1, 2010
US
Hey guys, just recently has my NT carb started leaking. It is a steady drip every second and I am hesitant to ride it while this is happening. I rode to work one day and a few hours after it had been sitting there it started leaking.

I thought it was the fuel line, but after changing that and re-testing it, it was something else.
It is coming from the bottom half of the carb, as the entire bottom half is covered in premix.

I took it apart to see if it was something simple like some crud clogging the jet, but it was clear. The only thing that I had noticed that seemed a bit off was that the white plastic thing in the bottom had a decent amount of premix in it.
Could this be the problem?

Hope you guys can help me figure this one out.
Thanks

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Looks like you found the problem.
The float should not have fuel inside of it...It won't float. It would be called a "sink" in your situation
What happens is the float never rises high enough to shut the supply of gas off
on the inlet needle/seat..
You just need to replace the float inside the carb bowl.
Easy peezy.. Best of luck
Tim

SoFresh

Nov 1, 2010
US
Ok great! I'll get that switched out and hopefully it will all be good!

Thanks for the confirmation an I'll get back to you after I try it out.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
yuppers thats it a bad float i know and old motorcycle guy i told him i was flooding and he suggested the cork may be waterlogged my first thought was this guy dont know what hes taliking about but aparently they used corks as floats back in the day

but really thee cheap plastic floats arent super reliable that should fix the problem though

SoFresh

Nov 1, 2010
US
I had fixed the leaking problem by draining the float (will replace with a new one shorty.)
I flipped it over so it shouldn't easily fill now.

After that I had another problem, and it wont not start!
Working on it last night and not being able to test it, it fired up right away this morning.
I sprayed the megneto with wd-40, and I think that was all I did. Either way, it worked!

Back on the road for a nice afternoon journey!

I'd be lost without you guys! Haha

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
yuppers thats it a bad float i know and old motorcycle guy i told him i was flooding and he suggested the cork may be waterlogged my first thought was this guy dont know what hes taliking about but aparently they used corks as floats back in the day

but really thee cheap plastic floats arent super reliable that should fix the problem though
LawnBoy still had cork floats available up untill about 5 years ago.