great life advice heard at a kids ballgame

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The coach shouted to a player who at five had lost interest in the game. He said, "If you play in the dirt.,you are going to get hurt."

The phrase ran around in my mind for an hour before I realized it is the secret of life we all look for. Okay maybe not but it is a darn good observation to pass on to our kids no matter what age.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The coach shouted to a player who at five had lost interest in the game. He said, "If you play in the dirt.,you are going to get hurt."

The phrase ran around in my mind for an hour before I realized it is the secret of life we all look for. Okay maybe not but it is a darn good observation to pass on to our kids no matter what age.
So that's why I'm constantly gettin hurt....can't stay outta the dirt! :D

dnut

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I would think that logically playing in the dirt would be relatively safe, think about it, you can't get much lower to the ground then being in the dirt so chance of injury from say falling would be below zero. Now playing in a tree on the other hand, now you're talking about a good possibility of getting hurt! :D

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
i'm a part-time football referee and i hear a lot of things from coaches and parents, but i've yet to recognize a pearl of wisdom...

austin