Rear Wheel Sprocket problem

GoldenMotor.com

OsakisRider

Jun 6, 2009
Minnesota
My question is simple:

Has anyone out there mounted the rear wheel sprocket on a 100 or 140 spoke rim?

If so, I would love to hear how this is done. I would like to get the 140 spoke wheels for my next build, but I am afriad that I will have to do a low spoke rear wheel and a high spoke front wheel.

Thanks in advance!

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
you could drill and bolt the sprocket right to the wheel hub,or you could buy a wheel hub that has the holes already,maybe from sbp.
or you could get a clamp shell adapter that uses 3 bolts instead of 9.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I doubt that you will have room between the sprockts? Do you have any kind of a measurment between them. To make it work you would definitly have to use an adaptor that used only three bolts and I still doubt you would have room. I did it with a 68 spoke rim and it was a challenge to say the least.

John

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Was Wondering The Same Thing. Is Yours A Coaster Brake Hub? It May Be The Only Way They Come. I Suppose A Person Could Remove Some Spoke Nuts And Pull Some Spokes Out Of The Rim Holes To Get Jims Adapter In And Then Reassemble The Spokes. My Stretch Cruiser Has That Type Of Wheels. Would Like A Freewheel For My Morini Eng. Ron

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
i think the best way to accomplish this would be with a shirfter kit...bypass the rear sprocket........