*&%@#$ I've been Confickered!

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
I'm glad it is fixed, just remember there is NO reason to buy any software to protect your computer. All the tools you could need are available online for free. That link I posted earlier will be able to point you towards the best of the free ware security applications.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I'm glad it is fixed, just remember there is NO reason to buy any software to protect your computer. All the tools you could need are available online for free. That link I posted earlier will be able to point you towards the best of the free ware security applications.
I couldn't agree more. Superspywareblaster is free and seems to roundly ignored in this thread.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I use avi (free) for virus

I use a square for maleware
and also lava soft spyware scanner and have had no trouble knock on wood. At least not for a while. I have had to search out a cure of one problem five years or more ago

they are all free

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Well the IT person at work hooked my drive up to another computer and scanned it from the outside. He removed 7 different trojans that had been embedded into my system. As he explained it the process is much simpler to do from the outside since viruses are designed to resist internal attacks. For now I am running the AVG firewall/antivirus/antispyware suite since it kindly came with a 30 day free trial. That I figure will buy me the time to study all of the possibilities that you fine folks have suggested and whatever else is out there. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

(^)

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I always disable my system restore when I'm on the hunt for computer bugs. Thats a perfect place for them to hide. I also remove my hard drives and scan them with another computer. I've had good luck with that. I also use as few microsoft products as I can. Seems like thats who everyone likes to attack. Glad you got it up and going again......................

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
There are also linux based live cd's that have software specifically for scanning windows drives. Pop in the cd and re-boot to it and scan away. Gets the computer clean safely and fast.