New 212 Predator Build - Supermoto

GoldenMotor.com

movemachine

Apr 30, 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Hi,

I haven't posted to this forum before, but I've checked out many of your creations over the last few months. I've designed and built 3 motorized bikes so far, refining my builds as I go. It is really a lot of fun. Here is my newest creation, let me know what you think. I used to ride sport bikes, and this thing handles better than my 600cc GSX-R! Tell me what you think.

Sam Benavidez

Attachments

Last edited:

movemachine

Apr 30, 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Thanks culvercityclassic! You are actually the one that inspires me the most, a very outside of the box thinker. Yea, I'm considering slapping some pedals on the ends of the jackshaft to make it legal for some kind of racing... And to keep it officially a "bicycle". I figured its 212cc is not legal on roads anyway so i just went for it. My goal with this build was to create the simplest fully suspended frame and drivetrain configuration possible, no excess, no chain tensioners, as little modification to the predator as possible. I tried my best for a anti-squat geometry at the rear. It rides amazing, and would love to see it in the hands of a talented rider on track.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks Sam... you excuted a great design. Its simple and clean. I would like to see a picture of the jack-shaft side....

O- and what a built motor would do in that bike...If you need tips on brakes let me know... Jeff

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, that is a very nice and clean looking full suspension build indeed! I'd like to take it for a spin, it looks very track worthy. Really like that frame in white.

How long is the wheelbase?

movemachine

Apr 30, 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Here's the other side, before paint. It has a modified $30 max torque clutch (higher stall RPM) and a short chain to the jackshaft under the protective cover. Using the smaller diameter chopper rear wheel allowed me to not need enormous sprockets to get the gearing right where i needed it, plus that wheel/tire is awesome.

Attachments

movemachine

Apr 30, 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Hi guys, the wheelbase is about 47.5" axle to axle... That's wheelbase right? The motor is totally stock, this is a ultra budget build, but I would love to build a sweet race motor.

My previous build was similar to this, except I used the 99cc predator... That one got stolen in San Jose. I was very unhappy that day. But it forced me to create version 2.0

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Bad a$$ bike.
Over the top design and execution.
Super motard style mixing the best of styles from flat track, motocross and road racing.
You, Jeff, Scotto just keep raising the bar of coolness.
I kinda liked the raw metal look.
TiM

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Bad a$$ bike.
Over the top design and execution.
Super motard style mixing the best of styles from flat track, motocross and road racing.
You, Jeff, Scotto just keep raising the bar of coolness.
I kinda liked the raw metal look.
TiM
I'm with you on that TiM......I love the raw metal look, always have!

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Hi guys, the wheelbase is about 47.5" axle to axle... That's wheelbase right? The motor is totally stock, this is a ultra budget build, but I would love to build a sweet race motor.

My previous build was similar to this, except I used the 99cc predator... That one got stolen in San Jose. I was very unhappy that day. But it forced me to create version 2.0
How long ago was this?

If you had any pics of the bike Ill be happy to help keep an eye out.

I though I was the only one in San Jose with a predator build, but I was talking to a guy down at my LBS and he says there is another guy riding a nice motorized bike with a harbor freight engine

mat_man

Jan 29, 2011
athens ga
I can buy old, blown up 80cc-100cc MX motorcycles for $100. It would seem to me to be a safer and faster build, if you started with one of these.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I can buy old, blown up 80cc-100cc MX motorcycles for $100. It would seem to me to be a safer and faster build, if you started with one of these.
"Blown up".........doesn't seem safe or fast at all too me :D

Sounds kinda dangerous in fact laff

.......where do I exit stage left?

dnut

movemachine

Apr 30, 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Ocho Ninja - It was stolen like 8-9 months ago, from a second story balcony. I had locked to the railing. Someone climbed up there, cut the lock and took it... I was so sad.

Yea, Chuck from Bicycle express, helped me alot with parts and odds and ends. The best bike shop in the world! :) We, cruised around together one day too. His collection is amazing.

I used to work in SJ downtown for many years, you've probable seen me throwing down beers at one of the local bars. I miss SJ, I'll be back at somepoint.

Attachments

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Cleanest machine I've seen in a long time. You may be able install a pedal shaft inside a larger hollow jackshaft using sprag needle bearings that are overridden under faster engine speeds allowing you to pedal. The pedal shaft would turn the primary chain and clutch drum. I think I saw that setup on a bike here on the forum calling it a quill shaft design. I planned to utilize it someday but your bike with the swing arm pivot concentric with the jackshaft is a natural. A real work of art. Would like some more of your work.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Oh dang i will definitely notice that bike if i ever see it... beautiful work of art. But the whole burglary thing in san jose is getting way out of hand, i keep hearing around my neighborhood about peoples house getting broken into... ever since the police department cut back on personnel, they don't respond to stuff like that anymore

Chuck does some nice work, and very good customer service.... he has built several wheels for me, and he knows what a good motorized bike wheels requires

You should come down for July 4, im trying to get a lil group ride going down to alviso were local host massive fireworks display

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Movemachine, that bike is awesome!

Hey I'm down, there aren't many motorized bicycle riders in the Bay area, at least on this forum.

Last edited:

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
Could you post some more pictures from different angles.. Thanks
Have you ever thought about locations for pedals?

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Movemachine, that bike is awesome!

Hey I'm down, there aren't many motorized bicycle riders in the Bay area, at least on this forum.
Cool one more rider, still trying to get people together
So far were just planning on taking a ride down there, everyone pack whatever food or drinks they wanna take.
Alviso is a very small town, the main attraction there for us is the fireworks
PM me or fatdaddy for as things develop... were probably gonna start somewhere Downtown SJ