99cc jc higgens

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
oh you will like the gc160 engine i love the way it pulls with a cvt its like a scooter on steroids lol super torque but not to powerful cruizes 45 all day long

glennbo

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I was thinking about a couple of light mods like taking out the Governor and getting a Mikuni carb, not so much for racing speed but rather for smoothness and to be traffic worthy,
45 would be good but 50 would be perfect I'm 6'1" 210 lbs and needs a lil OOMMFF! lol!

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
ive been experimenting with an electical system on the jc bike all summer.. trying to go with an all led system, but with the turn signals i ran into a problem with blowing bulbs..so i installed load resisters that fixed the bulb blowing problem but created another in huge current draw.. so im going to try this led flasher i ordered i hope this will solve this problem as i then can remove the load resisters and not blow the bulb and then benefit from the low current draw of the leds heres whats on order...
any comments or advice please chime in
glennbo

Attachments

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
Shouldn't be blowing LED's unless your overdriving them, but without any clue of how the lighting system is set up it's hard to offer help.

I just played around with some LED's I have the other day and discovered they are worthless for break light and turn signals unless you don't care about them not being visible when the sun is out. Amber LED's with clear lenses may be ok but I don't have colored LED's to play with. The only things that were visible through an amber lens was a Cree XM-L at 10watt and a standard 20watt signal bulb. Even a 3watt Cree failed. The XM-L failed at 3watts too so there's no way a bunch off 5mm LED's behind a colored lens is visible when the suns out. Needless to say I plan to use standard bulbs for signals and LED for tail and driving since people in my town tend to forget what hand signals are if they see yellow pods on the bike.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
still havent got around to wiring that flasher lol.. but i did put on a new set of cranks.. the old set were bent from my crash in may..these have longer pedal arms but i was fortunate enough that it cleared the clutch and flywheel pully,, here is the latest pic of the jc bike..........maybe the flasher when the snow flies havin too much fun ridin have about 2000 miles on this thing since i built it its a blast to ride..oh for got to mention that peg on the rear is my trailer hitch lol...

Attachments

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Nice! Those are great looking wheels. I mean actually the wheels, the bike looks great but the wheels really make all the difference in my mind. I've tried a number of times to lace wheels and have come up way short. I'm also considering turn signals for my bike and so will be curious how yours work out.

Was that last pic a teaser?

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks harold. i agree wheels do make a bike look sweet, the wider the better.. i have the need for better brakes thats when i started looking at motorcycle drum brakes as for lacing wheels keep on trying if i can do it anyone can.. was working on the signals today and the jc bike will definitly be down fo the next few days as i have wire spaghetti everywhere did figue it out. signals flash, but i want it too be neat..no more heat sinks (loadresisters) on signals. should save a lot of power and the bike should be able to sustain wattage use without charging il post a short video when im finished..

glenn

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
its been a snowy winter here in hammond thats for sure cold too!!! so aint been riding much, cabin fever is running high!! finally went out to the garage and swapped out the 79 for the 99cc i totally rebuilt the engine and was a little worried it was my first complete 4 stroke rebuild.. its been sitting on the bench since july.. put a dual charging coil mounted under the flywheel to run my lights and charge battery.. it fired up on the third pull!! sounds great took a little spin down the street at about 10 mph everything good once the snow melts ill give it a real test but shes running real strong!! Im just happy i was able to find a new block for that 99 since they quit making them!! its really amazing how easy the swap was everything stayed the exact same never even loosened the motor mount only the engine bolts!!! happy riding
glennbo

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
brand new header tape on the exhaust and 6 more inches of snow!!! maybe we might get some global warming in february!!

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i think global warming is kicking in tuesdays low will be -17f !!!
THINK SPRING Ive only put on 3 miles of riding in the last month.. this totally sucks!!!!!!!!

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
Some decent riding weather has finally made it to the Midwest! Had the toys out.. JC Bike running great with the 99 back in!! had the Schwinn out for a day!! shes running great too, but loud as he!! lol.. also was playing around with my daughters new car.. wish I had one of these for my first car LOL..
Ride safely my friends!!

glennbo

Attachments

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi glennbo like the JC Higgins bike.
just watched your video on this bike seems real low geared for my taste by you are in the city and faster take of is probable better to get out of the way of the stupid people in there 4 wheeled junk.

what is top end?

i like the wheels and fork, i have a set of 18" wheels and drum brakes and forks for a Honda s90 and a extra 1963 Schwinn cantilever frame that's not doing any thing (lol) might be my start for a 212 build for Indiana new scooter laws (CLASS A).

so what size is the bearing cup in the JC Higgins bike compared to the Honda ones?

do a video on the red 212 i seen in your post above ok.

Thanks Don P

Last edited:

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
LOL I don't mean to be sarcastic Don P, but im hoping the people enforcing these scooter laws are just as easy to confuse on engine displacement.. that's not a 212 in the red Schwinn its a Honda 160 .. . its kinda like a big bore kit for a 50cc scooter that makes it a 100cc engine is still small but it goes 70mph instead of 40.. as far as the bearing cups they are a standard 1 inch in both bikes ..heres a link to my 212 build!! make sure you got some good brakes!!
Thanks MotoMagz for the compliments
http://motorbicycling.com/album.php?albumid=696&pictureid=4413

Last edited:

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
glennbo after i posted that last post i seen it was not a 212. but i let the post stand.

i got a Honda s90 with a rotten frame rusted out. but the wheels forks engine ect are all very good shape. i seen where some people have cut off the motor mount and swing arm mount grafted a bicycle frame. this could be fun.

i seen a s90 engine and swing arm grafted to a Schwinn 20" krate i see if i can find it .

kinda like this only a cruiser frame.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/709147-franken-tiddler-honda-s90-abomination/#!Gh7Ka

Don

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
heres a pic of the same Schwinn bike with a 48cc grubee Skyhawk. had a pully on the clutch side driving the generator bike barely did 25 l had to take it to traffic court last year lol it had lights and signals horn to boot.. police called it a motorcycle..

Attachments