BoFab Cycles Schwinn Gp50..Morini clone!

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea that 1k
Price budget sounds about right.
I already have china girl two stroke and a hd hub with drum brake laced up to a downhill rim. I'm just gonna wait until my china girl goes then it's time for a upgrade, hopefully one that's reliable lol

After the mounts all I will need is the exaust, intake, and possibly upgrading from front drum brakes to disk

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
So this is my KTM,Lem,ect. clone engine build. It is on a Schwinn Clairmont 26"
It has a BoFab exhaust, Accel ignition wire upgrade. It fits perfectly in this frame with no clearance issues. crank does not hit and can peadle freely. Tight but fits well.
Looking good, IreBo!xct2

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
what kinda clutch stack you runnin? im still waiting for a pipe for mine grrr!
I'm running a stack of 10 spring washers stacked like this.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ).

I took one of the washers out of each puck. That worked good. I also tryed the spring kit. It was too soft to get the engine in a rpm that was happy off the line. Always bogged out. Needed a bit more slip to run good but then it was in an rpm range that didn't cruz well. it's a fine line between good low speed and high speed.

I have ordered the factory ktm spring washers instead of the fake low quality Chinese ones but didn't install them yet. I'm thinking they may function better and smoother. The clutch when new was all gummy and needed attention. At first it would not even engage and I was revving the piss out of it so I had to buy a steering wheele puller and a few bolts to pull it and rebuild and clean the clutch. After pulling it like 5 times I found the stack listed above to work best with the stock clutch and a 9-50 combo.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Yea I have a few videos. They are on my iPhone. I'll have to download them. Prety shaky tho. I'm riding with one hand and holding my phone with the other but pretty fun video. I'm getting like 45 to 50ish at wot. Prety fast but all them rpm's really drink the fuel!! Getting like half the milage as my 68.5cc china.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
What kind of speed are you able to get? Also.. I have a pipe for this motor sent to me from the factory. I am not sure I will be able to test it anytime soon.. But it looks awesome !!

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Very nice work! What are your thoughts on putting one of these in a Dyno Roadster stretch?
Another thought would be the Felt 1903. The Dyno would come first,as the Felt is done.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
well to be honest i would try to find a 5 or 7 speed beach cruiser with v brakes instead of using a bike with coaster breaks... if you saw my video these engines haul butt and a felt or dyno will look nice but be dangerous to ride.. this engine does not cruse at slow speeds. you hit the gas and are doing a min of 20 to 25... if you do end up going with a coaster break only bike i would try to find a front end that you can use some sort of break.. disk, v, drum, anything,, an anchor... lol but seriously, its not a cursing engine.. the other option is to get the grubee hd rear hub with drum brake but you have to build a wheel..

like this chief...
http://www.bikebuyers.com/FS-CHIEF-7SP-man.htm?gclid=CPiNnLyHya8CFcIFRQodPn5hcQ

or this...this is the bike dax put his engine in..
http://www.bikebuyers.com/FS-CA520.htm

or...
http://www.bikebuyers.com/panther7spman.htm

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
What kind of speed are you able to get? Also.. I have a pipe for this motor sent to me from the factory. I am not sure I will be able to test it anytime soon.. But it looks awesome !!
hay dax.. i cant find the pipe... are you having somebody make the parts or are you sourcing them from existing stuff.. i want to buy the part that slips on to the exhaust outlet. i have not seen you're pipe yet. does it have groves with o-rings in it? i was thinking of welding on a motobicane moped doppler exhaust port. the swivel ball type. i keep getting leeks on my exhaust port. no biggie but a little messy..

as for speed i took my speedo off when i put the disk front end on but i was riding next to my buddy in his car and he said i was going about 48 but i think i can get more speed with a better carb.. and plug.
ive changed the plug wire to accel 8mm wire.. but the way the engine is mounted i cant get the plug out with out pulling the engine out! Doh! ill mod the frame later....

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hi Irebo... The Factory Sent me the pipe.. So it is a factory fit. Comes with springs and everything. The whole 9 yards.. Not sure of my cost yet for this pipe.. But if you want it, I can make you a deal on this one and then let me know what you think if it needs heavy modification to fit a bike or not . Let me know. Here is a pic.. Thanks

Attachments

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
So I put a delorto 19mm carb on and the real carb has a very noticeable difference over the clone rux. Runs much better and revs higher. 2 kicks on a cold start instead of 12

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Do you have any more Video clips? Is your motor broken in yet? What mix ratio and oil type are you using.. What is your top speed so far? It seems like my gearing was so tall, that mine would start to get on the pipe at around 40mph or so.. I do have the factory pipe now and when I get some time I will try again. But I am interested to know how yours is shaking out.. Sounds fantastic !!

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Yea I have some more video but I want to get a few with a go pro. I take video with my iPhone so all the videos are me riding one handed. I want the helmit mounted cam so I can really do some riding!!

Top speed Ina bike speedo is 57 mph. But I'm not sure if that's totally accurate. My buddy in his Honda accord was pacing me and said I was just over 50 mph. That was before the new carb but it's almost the same. New carb gets a few more rpm...

i use a mix of 6oz of lucas to a gal. its more than they say to use but i like to get a bit more lube in the engine cause of how i ride. some folks may say it will build up carbon on the pistion and hurt the engine but the lucas leaves virtually no carbon and if you take the motor apart you just have to wipe the small amoint of residue off the top of the pistion. works real well for me and i put some serious milage on them...

i also splash a bit of the lucas oil stabalizer in the clutch oil.. halps the lock up and slips with more power..go about an oz or so

Last edited: