First build in the works by Taylar "The Flying Scotsman"

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Very nice Velodrome, you must be pleased with the progress. He does some damn fine work. You are going to have a sick bike! Do you know what colour you are painting it yet?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Harry... You seem to post any hour of the day. Do you never sleep? Heh. First picture in first post will be the color scheme.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Haha yeah i sleep. I do rotational shiftwork and also get on my laptop when at work, so yah i do post at all hours of the day........ im always watching lol

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Man that thing is really looking great. Dan sent me over some pics of the fork he built for me. He is putting together my frame now, so I should have some more pics coming out here pretty soon.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Neat Tom! Im not sure but your forks may be partialy visable in one of my bikes pics. Hidden in the background. Your having yours built as a gurder setup without the leaf springer correct?? Im starting to feel guilty about my plans to paint the thing. That tank looks so hot plain, What to dooo??? What to dooooo???

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK! Got some more pic's from Dan at Taylar of the "completed" bike The motor is just for mock up Ill be having a black one and of course all the finish work and the real compleation will begin in my garrage. It wikk be media blasted and then re powder coated then paint to finish it off. Heres the pics.

Attachments

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
amazing bike! what colours are you going to paint this? I usually find it easy to choose colours but for some reason Im finding it hard to decide for my upcoming boardtracker.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
brett. See the first picture in post #1 Thats the paint scheme. Frame will be powdercoated antique green Then painted black from the front of the first brass strap forward ( motor will be black ) the big motor mounts Im thinking of attempting to "engine turn". Forks will be black as are "Pat's" BTR handle bars; and the forward most front upright of the fork will be red. Brass will stay brass and I'm scheeming an LED converted brass headlamp. Wheels: Which I screwed up trying to paint, will be media blasted then powdercoated same green. Im no good at pinstriping so I'll need ot find a local striper to do the vertical black-white-black stripes on the tank and white stripe on the wheels. I'm trying to think of how I could implement the 4472 and LNER into the bike but we'll see. I have a water jet guy that could cut the letters into the motor mount but Im not sure I wanna do that yet. By the way: LNER= L_ondon N_orthern E_ngland R_ailway :)

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hey Tom ! Is that your bike behind mine? The very cool one with the aged looking tank and girder fork with the tank held on by leather belts?? Heh. I saw those belts and thought to myself: DANG! thats briliant!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Drove Chandler AZ to Victorville CA yesterday ( 720 miles total WOOF! ) To pick up my bike. :) Its a thing of beauty. Next: work on the motor a bit and get it running and sorted. Then taredown for media blasting and re powder coat.