My Custom Cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

misterloot

Jun 12, 2011
Missouri
Hey everybody just thought I'd post a quick iphone pic of the Cranbrook I finished a few days ago. It's my first build and I am having a blast. The bike is a basic Walmart $89 Huffy Cranbrook and a BGF 80cc engine kit from ebay. I painted the bike with rattle cans. The frame is Krylon oil rubbed bronze and the wheels are Rust-oleum Cherry red. Was trying for a ratty vintage look. Reinforced the fenders with Stanley brackets from Lowes. I made the front engine mount myself from a piece of steel from an electrical box cover and a $1.50 car quest muffler clamp. Loc-Tite on everything. Thanks to everyone on this site for all the valuable information. I have a bullet light on the way for the front and I'm gonna try running a Baby Bee on the white wire. Also gonna pick up some DEI header wrap and wrap the muffler since I burned a hole in my pants on the pipe. hehehe... If anybody is interested in seeing more pics I'll try to shoot a few with a real camera.

Attachments

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Welcome to the forum. Gota say the cranny has been done to death ,but yours is one of the nicer ones I've seen. Really nice for a first build! The best part of the huffy davidson movement (snork) is that we all know whats there at the start and a guys skills really show in the final bike. kudos.
Now time for suspention ,drum brake and custom exhaust.:)