porting a 4 stroke carb

GoldenMotor.com

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton
its working i just had to change the main jet. im still getting the tank. i have someone coming in tomorrow to pick up some parts with the extra money i may as well order up a new belt drive and get rid of my hoot :)

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Karma
I just took my carb off to look at what you have done and please this is trying to be helpful here. But the mod you have done has most likely ruined the carb the section you ground out so nice and clean and beautiful are necessary parts of the carburetor they are called the venturi. The venturi causes a low pressure area and causes the cab to suck fuel into the jets causing it to mix air fuel for the engine. With this crucial part now ground out has rendered it in all likely hood useless and now only good for parts. The good news is they are only $40 bucks and you will now have a remote choke. Please prove me wrong here I hope I am
You can grind out the housing prior too the venturi on the choke side and the intake side prior to the venturi and you can even grind out the intake a little and make the carb hole match the intake hole but that is it.
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I just went over your video and there is only one area that can be ground out and is the area on the intake side of the butterfly you can not grind anything farther in the carb than that. sorry to say

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Good I am glad to hear it is work good, do you notice any performance increases?
My self and my friend and my brother where going over what can be done to the HuaSheng engine because I have a brand new one and we took the carb off and where looking just what can be done. In the head it's self there is nothing that can be done. infact the head intake port is larger than the carb throat. It would likely accept a larger carb over all. That is for another day just one more question where did you get the larger jets?
Thank you
Terry

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton
i got the jet from a small engine shop in town. not really worth the time it took to do it.
anyone looking for a performance boost would be better just changing the carb out. and if anyone has, post results with pics :).

Gammaray

Apr 4, 2014
United states LA
Hey guys sorry to post about 4 years later, not sure if ill get a response but here goes...

I have some after market jets from a two stroke bike engine carb. I was wondering if these will fit my 2012 4 stroke carb? thanks in advance