Grubee Skyhawk GT5 Carb Problems

GoldenMotor.com

BikerMatt

Sep 10, 2011
Connecticut
Hello everybody. I have everything set up on my motorized bike but I'm having several carb issues. First off, I'm using the stock NT carb with the hand choke. The bike only likes to run on 1/2 choke and it bogs when i get to 3/4 throttle but then starts to accelerate again at full throttle. I assume it's bogging because it's not getting enough fuel, and that would be why it only runs on choke. At first i thought this was due to an air leak, so i did the WD-40 test. I found a leak where the carb attaches to the intake manifold, and i bought an O-ring from sick bike parts and then i tested it again, and there was no sign of a leak from the WD-40 test but it still only ran on choke. So now i don't know what is causing it to run so lean. I also tried moving the E-clip down one and it didn't change anything.

BikerMatt

Sep 10, 2011
Connecticut
float or needle valve is sticking. While you are in there pull the jet and clean it too. A fine piece of wire will do it.
Thanks for the info. I'm busy during the week so I'll take the carb apart this weekend. If i find the main jet isn't clogged, how would I fix a sticking float or a needle valve sticking?