works great but wont idle well

GoldenMotor.com

tonynorris

Jun 27, 2011
illinois
i have the sky hawk 66 cc engine. it works great when i let her loose and cruise, but recently when when i disengage the clutch to come to a stop it will just die. i still have good power, goes around 35 miles ph, just doesnt want to idle. so far i messed with the two screws that were epoxied into the carb, and that doesnt really seam to do anything to keep it going, now i took the carb off and am going to clean it tonite, but if you guys think you can give me some advice on what to check then let me know.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Just slowly pull in the clutch as u come up to a stop and hold the clutch until the road is crear, then give it 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and slowly let off on the clutch and off u go. These engines never idle on their own for the most part. I never got my engine to idle past 2 seconds.

tonynorris

Jun 27, 2011
illinois
the problem is that before it idled great, so i just want that back lol. i might get a new carb, the epoxy on the old brass adjustable screws came loose so i been messin with the screws. i think that could be part of the problem.

tonynorris

Jun 27, 2011
illinois
does anyone know the factory setting for the two brass adjustable screws? if i knew that i could just reset the screws and epoxy them in again