clutch noise help please

GoldenMotor.com

midmo

Feb 22, 2010
mid missouri
i got my motor kit on and started it noticed a rattleing comeing from under the gear/clutch cover i had taken this off and put a small amount of grease were the gears meet befor starting checked the bolts they are all tight motor runs and drives great no noise when clutch is inguaged just when sitting at idle is this normal thanks for any help.bf.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it's probably normal. since you opened it up and didn't find anything loose and bouncing around, i'd say you're ok.

to quiet it up, you can buy a kit from some of our vendors, which are stick on pads that go on the outside, or my favorite, is get some "Plasti-Dip" spray paint. it's the same stuff that comes in a can you dip tool handles into to give them rubbery handles, but in a spray. more or less rubber spray paint.

give the inside of the cover a few coats, and it quiets it down a lot.

another trick i did was i got some cork gasket material, cut it to fit the inside, and used spray paint as a glue to hold it in there. that works really good.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
3M spray adhesive, and a mouse pad or better yet a "Knee-zy" those super soft dense foam pads you kneel on in the garden.