Engine starts and then stops

GoldenMotor.com

leonardois

Dec 24, 2009
america
I recently bought 80cc motorized kit and then installed on my bike . But , now im having trouble starting the engine . When i hold the cluth lever and pedal and then let the lever out , the engine starts , while im pedaling but when i stop pedaling , the engine stops and also at the same time i do accelerate the throttle but nothing is happening . It seems like the throttle is not connected or maybe it is. I really dont no what the problem is ??????
By the way , its my first start but im having trouble .

However , my chain and my sprocket are adjusted but its just the engine that wont start.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
I recently bought 80cc motorized kit and then installed on my bike . But , now im having trouble starting the engine . When i hold the cluth lever and pedal and then let the lever out , the engine starts , while im pedaling but when i stop pedaling , the engine stops and also at the same time i do accelerate the throttle but nothing is happening . It seems like the throttle is not connected or maybe it is. I really dont no what the problem is ??????
By the way , its my first start but im having trouble .

However , my chain and my sprocket are adjusted but its just the engine that wont start.
whats your choke lever doing? for cold starts what I do is pull the clutch lever all the way up, pedal, let clutch out. it should go POP! keep pedaling while turning the choke down to about half and let out the clutch. it should start. a new, cold motor might want some choke. after a minute or two of motor running, turn choke all the way off.
if none of that works, it could be electrical. we dont need to delve into that until you
try the choke first