Before burning your bike .......

GoldenMotor.com

pato_ruzek

Nov 17, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I wanted to tell you about a problem that drove me crazy for several days. The bike would not start not matter what I would do.
Following some posts, I measured with the multimeter the values of the different magneto and CDI's cables , getting approximate values to those shown in the posts.
But still could not get sparks at the spark plug. Connecting the multimeter to the output of the magnet and moving the bike without the candle got values from 1 to 4 volts, but this was not enough to excite the CDI. Therefore there was no spark.....

A friend of mine tested the bike and found that the clutch cable was very tight, and guess what...it was the source of the problem ....
Since the clutch doesn't decoupled completely, did not allow the crankshaft spin fast enough to generate enough current to produce electric spark.
I corrected the clutch cable tension and wow ...! Perfect spark ....

I have read that many of us have changed magneto and CDI several times without satisfactory results. Let me give a little advice before investing in new irons, please check the clutch cable ....
I'm not saying that this can be a panacea, but worth check it up...!

A hug for everyone,
Pato

:-||

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Well ive had a problem that's been driving me crazy for the past week though not an electrial or clutch issue.
I just lost power suddenly and sounded like it had indigestion it halved my speed from 58kmh to 30. I cleaned the CNS carby out at least a dozen times still no difference. plug looked fine but was a bastard to start. I checked all the keys and all were fine.
Last night while sleeping a light bulb went off in my brain ...exhaust!! I had made the exhaust a year or so ago welding it up in 1 piece and had never cleaned it in any way since.

So i stuck a coat hanger up it and there was black carbon crap everywhere, problem solved

andrewg225

Jul 19, 2009
ontairo
wow man that's in tence .. what do you have a 80cc .. my heads leaking now but the engine is running finaly. itook it out last night for a ride and my pedtl fell off .. i think i'm going to clean my exzost too pipe and i think i'm putting it away for the winter i keep falling in to snow banks lol

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
wow man that's in tence .. what do you have a 80cc .. my heads leaking now but the engine is running finaly. itook it out last night for a ride and my pedtl fell off .. i think i'm going to clean my exzost too pipe and i think i'm putting it away for the winter i keep falling in to snow banks lol
nah ive only ever had 48cc motors, I had a pedal strip the crank threads about 3 months ago everyone says dude your missin a pedal, 'yeh i got a motor i dont pedal'

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I found that i had my idle screw to low and thats why it took a few times for mine to start,cause i grip my throttle lever a little and pulled the pull start and it started right away,guess i will turn my idle screw in a little and it will start the first time.It must need to idle higher in the cold weather.