Leaky Carby

GoldenMotor.com

mick29

Jun 8, 2009
Salisbury East
Hows it going its mick29 here I have a stupid carby that I cant stop leaking The carby is the standard NT that comes with the kit It seems to be leaking around the float bowel Ive tried a new gasket check screws to see if their loose It seems ok for awhile but it starts leaking again dripping fuel Is there an answer someone must have had the same problem and solved it Thanks everyone hope you can help mick29 PS HAPPY RIDING

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
My carb leaked a bit for awhile when I first got it. I'm guessing the seals probably broke in or expanded as the leak was no more after maybe a week.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
A lot of people seem to think they leak at the nozzle- I put a small worm scre around there- mine's been leaking indiscriminately again and I tend to think it's the screw at the bottom of the float bowl- why it's there I don't know, but looks like it's still there on the new NTS 66 with the added fuel cutofff valve.

I now usually remember to shut the tank valve- then only that much can leak standing- the new carb valve should help minimize further- but the gas leaking is annnoying.

I havent had time to take a close look at it- but maybe SEAL that loweer screw and the idle screw- maybe a small notch at the bottom of slider would allow idle, without adjuster screw?

don't know.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
mine actually has a left over blowback gas in the aircleaner and it has a few drips down the back of the carb, but im going to hot glue around where the aircleaner connects to the carb. im guessing this is where its coming from cause the carb is always wet on the out side. i turn off the fuel shut off after riding and everything else is tight and sealed. my fuel bowl in carb is level and working fine.