A Couple of tips to share

GoldenMotor.com

jug98

Sep 10, 2009
Maryland
A small split shot behind the clutch cable keeper works well. Just open that tackle box, that is not being used because you are to busy playing with your bike, and remove the smallest split shot weight you have and clamp it behind the keeper nut. A redundant fix. Bought the chain tensioner from Live Fast Motors, which did smooth the ride, for those who do not like the stock push model. I like the pull method and I did through an extra spring in the bag. Replaced all the cover bolts with allen head bolts. On black engines, the black oxide allen bolts work great and do not flake like the stock bolts. For the fenders, I used bell washers with the rubber backing along with the pan headed allen bolts. Tacked the nuts underneath for a more stationary feel. The last thing was to add a grease fitting at the points of gear mesh. Only had to drill a hole and use the push in grease fittings. I give one shot of grease every inspection. This was my first post and I built my first black Delmar. Another kit is one the way for a nice candy apple Schwinn for the wife. Any body know if you are allowed to use these bikes on Bald Head Island? (Carolina Island with no cars) No pics yet. Got to find the cable.

Last edited:

jug98

Sep 10, 2009
Maryland
Yes, right at the gear mesh. I will edit the post too. I ment grease after each inspection not ride. Thinking about it now, why do it? I was hyped up yesterday with my first build and kept doing stuff. You should see what I got on order. Its sick!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, right at the gear mesh. I will edit the post too. I ment grease after each inspection not ride. Thinking about it now, why do it? I was hyped up yesterday with my first build and kept doing stuff. You should see what I got on order. Its sick!
I know the feeling.

You don't NEED to do it, but you do.

Just be careful not to over grease.

Reel Adventure

Jul 1, 2009
wilmington nc
A small split shot behind the clutch cable keeper works well. Just open that tackle box, that is not being used because you are to busy playing with your bike, and remove the smallest split shot weight you have and clamp it behind the keeper nut. A redundant fix. Bought the chain tensioner from Live Fast Motors, which did smooth the ride, for those who do not like the stock push model. I like the pull method and I did through an extra spring in the bag. Replaced all the cover bolts with allen head bolts. On black engines, the black oxide allen bolts work great and do not flake like the stock bolts. For the fenders, I used bell washers with the rubber backing along with the pan headed allen bolts. Tacked the nuts underneath for a more stationary feel. The last thing was to add a grease fitting at the points of gear mesh. Only had to drill a hole and use the push in grease fittings. I give one shot of grease every inspection. This was my first post and I built my first black Delmar. Another kit is one the way for a nice candy apple Schwinn for the wife. Any body know if you are allowed to use these bikes on Bald Head Island? (Carolina Island with no cars) No pics yet. Got to find the cable.

You cant use them on Bald Head. Since you cant ride your bike there, call me to go fishing. See my link below. :D