Flat out or nothing?

GoldenMotor.com

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Sorry NC Im just a bit grumpy after clicking that link & ordering the wrong jets & paying Int'l shipping for them. Waste of money.
Hard to keep track of entire threads over time, I read so many threads...
I assume wherever you are you have drill bits and solder available? That's all you really need.
As for getting the wrong jets, is the orifice the wrong size or do they not fit into the carb when you try to screw them in?

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Hard to keep track of entire threads over time, I read so many threads...
I assume wherever you are you have drill bits and solder available? That's all you really need.
As for getting the wrong jets, is the orifice the wrong size or do they not fit into the carb when you try to screw them in?
The link that goat guy gave me was to the 6mm for the CNS carb, as explained I have the NT carb (5mm jets).
I cant say my experience with SBP was very good - I contacted them IMMEDIATELY after ordering to change the order & they said it had already been shipped (in the middle of the night, your time).
So Im stuck with $32 worth of jets (incl shipping) that I cant use.
Regarding solder etc, it's alright, it's easier for me to source the jets somewhere than having to solder & buy special tiny drill bit sizes.
Thanks for the help anyway NC

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
The link that goat guy gave me was to the 6mm for the CNS carb, as explained I have the NT carb (5mm jets).
I cant say my experience with SBP was very good - I contacted them IMMEDIATELY after ordering to change the order & they said it had already been shipped (in the middle of the night, your time).
So Im stuck with $32 worth of jets (incl shipping) that I cant use.
Regarding solder etc, it's alright, it's easier for me to source the jets somewhere than having to solder & buy special tiny drill bit sizes.
Thanks for the help anyway NC
Whatever suits you go for it I guess.... I only paid $5 for a set of bits that could make the jets from smallest to the largest these motors can run, and soldering isn't exactly rocket science! Either with a soldering iron or torch, or even a torch lighter....
If you really want to tweak your head order a CNS carb to fit those jets you have and try tuning it!

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Whatever suits you go for it I guess.... I only paid $5 for a set of bits that could make the jets from smallest to the largest these motors can run, and soldering isn't exactly rocket science! Either with a soldering iron or torch, or even a torch lighter....
If you really want to tweak your head order a CNS carb to fit those jets you have and try tuning it!
ha, yeah, i think I'll stick with the NT

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I guess you changed it later then.
Cos last nite it took me directly to the CNS 6mm.
I think I see what happened here, the link as posted leads directly to:
"Carb Jets - Dellorto 5mm main jet
[SBP-STKJETS] $3.49
Genuine Dellorto jet. 5mm thread for use on stock NT 2 stroke carburetor to dial in proper fuel air mix"

Unfortunately on the same page there is a link that says:
"Carb Jets - CNS - Dellorto 6mm CNS main jet for CNS"
This link has a picture of a jet and kinda seems like the more obvious thing to choose on the page rather than selecting the jet size from above for the NT, although it does say CNS quite a lot....

If you click the link you will see if you had selected from the "JET SIZE" list and hit "Add to Cart" you would have been getting the NT jets. If you click the link that says CNS you will get the CNS jets....

I know none of this helps you out after you have already done the international shipping thing...

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Got nowhere with SBP in terms of changing the order. I emailed them 11 minutes after I made the order, to change it, but this failed to stop them sending the wrong items. Im not ordering the correct ones off them because I found their communication & customer service not satisfactory. Certainly wont be dealing with them again.

EDIT: After lots of emailing back & forth we finally came to a resolution.

Last edited:

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
I read the sticky on vibration problems. Didnt find one helpful answer there really.
My engine is mounted as solid as possible, things are aligned as much as I can get 'em to be. I think China motors must just vibrate a heck of a lot.
Also, I notice most people's vibrations were at high speed. But mine are at low to mid speed, at high speed they stop.
Anyway, I'll try the new pipe, & hopefully they'll ship my jets soon & I'll try those.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
SORTED.
With the performance pipe I have heaps more power & the vibration at low to mid acceleration is gone.
It 4 strokes a bit if I try & go straight to full throttle, Im hoping that the .66 jet will sort that.
If I ease up to full throttle Im getting a much better top speed, plus with this pipe I have more power thru the low to mid range.
What a difference a pipe can make!
The guy I bought the pipe from also does these. He says there is a HUGE improvement with this. It didnt suit my boardtracker but it would suit someone who wants their 2 stroke to be FAST
Cycle Pro Expansion Chamber Exhaust System Cycle Pro Motors

Edit: If you're in the US you will need to email him & ask him how much for shipping.