new kustom kruiser

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
picked up this kustom cruiser, I had a black dyno deuce I was pedaling it while eating a hotdog, and ran into a guy with this bike. his wasn't motorized. mine had the triple tree forks and he asked where he could find a pair. I told him where and also if hes interested mine was for sale. so we came to an agreement. I traded my bike for his also he threw in 100 bucks and an 1/8 of some sour diesel. a fair trade. this is just beginning of a few changes I plan. ill post pics as I build. I started off by cutting the seat post tube and adding a new seat, altogether dropped my seat height at least 2 inches. I added a pair of redline flight 3 piece cranks and some sealed bearing pedals. the motor is used but good. the motor mount bolts cracked off in the block, and I couldn't remove them so I drilled 2 new holes below existing ones. it worked out. I put one of those new intakes on with a new carb and all new ignition system. ive ordered more parts ill post when they are installed.

Attachments

Last edited:

boocher13

Aug 13, 2013
manchester,ct
Wow that is a sweet looking bike. I saw a similar one for sale on ebay
I think it was from the 50's or 60's . Do you have your head turned 180 ? Does that cause any problems ?

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
thanks for comments fella's . got a couple more parts in mail yesterday. I purchased a pair of grips with throttle tube off ebay and I picked up a long tube muffler also. on a huffy it will bolt right on but the kustom cruisers and dynos have slightly longer frames so im tweaking it now with the propane torch which works perfectly for this cheap metal. post more pics when installed. I will probably later during winter add a chamber but for now just goin with muffler for low noise. I usually pack the muffler in certain areas with fiberglass and it takes even more noise without really compromising much power.

Attachments

Last edited:

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
got the exhaust mounted. I had to go to 1/4 x 20 bolts on header cause metric threads on block stripped. a little Loctite and they are on tight and strong. going to paint muffler black yet and make a bracket. I wraped the header with some old exhaust wrap I had laying around and also packed the muffler with it also

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
I made a temporary fuel tank yesterday out of 3" pvc. im going to make another tank but 1 1/2 inches shorter and make some nice mounting brackets as well. I like the look for now until I get the in frame tank for it. I wanna polish the tank and do some similar scallops but in blue over polished tank with a white outline.

Attachments

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
damn good start on your bike love the tank cheap and good looking. on the exhaust I dont see a brace and you want one specially with it that long. that said its a good looking build

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Nice touch painting the engine. No idea why more perps do not follow... painted a few of mine; everyone surveyed likes it - not a lot of repeating from what I have seen. It does really tie things together.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
made the new gas tank mount. mounts perfect I put a rubber bushing washer in between the mounting bracket and the tank drilled 2 holes into the plastic on the seat holds perfect no vibration or movement. it took a few hours of heating and bending and cutting to make but it was worth it.

Attachments

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Nice touch painting the engine. No idea why more perps do not follow... painted a few of mine; everyone surveyed likes it - not a lot of repeating from what I have seen. It does really tie things together.
Ive always wondered if the painting the motor would make it run hotter.

Looking good tommyboy!

Dan.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
I painted my headlite the other day. made a quick bracket so I could take it out for a test ride. still have to grind the bracket a little and paint it but its comin along. bike rides really smooth and by packing that muffler with fiberglass its super quiet, almost like a mosquito. no 2 stroke poping noise just the sound of the motor

Attachments