My latest 2 builds!

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I have a trek calypso(mine) which the frame was acquired for me by a very good friend of mine. We've been jabberin' for some time so we help out when we can. So anyway My bike is the TREK(I know I have made other posts on it but some modifications have been made) I cleaned up my frame and the wiring, etc. I will be getting the SPEED DEMON expansion chamber in about a week. I will also be adding a SPEED carburetor, low profile HIGH-Flow air filter. I will ultimately acquire a 38 tooth sprocket as well, I might get that instead of the speed carb! The mountain bike I built was for a doctor who runs an ER room. Close friend of my dad's and becoming one of mine as well. So here's some UPDATED pictures of my work These beauties are far more stunning up close in person!

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Calypso is a really nice frame. What kind of drum brake did you install on the front? What kind of black paint did you use on the engine case?

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
The Calypso is a really nice frame. What kind of drum brake did you install on the front? What kind of black paint did you use on the engine case?
Wheelbender, I used regular Glossy black spray paint on the covers because they don't get THAT hot(no need for high-temp)They get hot but not enough to burn the paint. I will be adding fenders, an expansion chamber and ultimately mirrors to the calypso. I also added a straight plug head with a THINNER gasket so I wouldn't lose much compression if any in comparison to the slant head. As for the drum brake, a good buddy of mine....aka Ratt_Bones would be the guy to ask, he did some negotiations with a bike shop owner that had the rim sitting in their basement and finally got them to give it up. It's a very nice brake, I've also owned the Sturmey Archer drum brake, ANOTHER great highly recommended brake. I've reoruted my cables and everything looks really neat, keep an eye out for updates of the calypso I'll be posting within a few weeks!

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Re: UPDATE

I now have an offset 36 tooth sprocket coming on tuesday or wednesday, I can't wait! I may be getting some mirrors and other minor stuff soon to come. I took off my straight plug head and am running the slant again for good compression.
I'm going to be adding fenders as well.