Well, didn't even get one ride and I'm screwed...

GoldenMotor.com

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
It wont because in an earlier reply I need the tensioner on the bottom because the engine height without it causes the chain to ride the motor / clutch housing. So ya, the tensioner has to sit where it's at to fix that.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
move the tensioner to the top tube to see if it fixs your problem i ran mine that way it works just fine
The tension needs to be applied to the lower chain run. That's where the slack will be when the chain is pulling the bike. Tensioning the top chain run doesn't help much and puts much more strain on the tensioner and bracket attach point.

The problem I see from one of the photos is that the chain is being pulled inward toward the wheel. That's why it's hitting the side of the engine case and frame.
The rear, driven sprocket must be moved outward to get the proper alignment. The only other thing that will cause that misalignment is if the front of the engine isn't centered on the downtube.

Tom

Last edited:

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
yea then you need a second tensioner or a different frame that bike might be one of the few that cant have a motor without heavy modifying of something
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kawasaki-26-Men-s-Mountain-Bike/11064964

Well, so far this is the best bike I have found at $128 shipped to home. Frame looks good, nice and solid with no bends... bottom tube looks to be good but still wider than the seat / down tube.

But ya, I strongly think my best option is a new bike once I have the cash.

Edit: Real question i just how big is it lol... my luck I buy it and BAM, engine don't fit.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
i personalty dont trust aluminum frames with these little vibration machines
I figured that's what it was but wasn't sure lol... my current POS Next bike has an aluminum frame I believe. Still haven't finished lookin at bikes, got caught up watching Big Bang Theory on the Tivo heh. So far though, if I don't sound like a broken record... the Kawasaki bike I posted looks to be my current best bet... I just don't want it to bite me in the rear. Other than curved tubing like on my current bike, do most companies follow some sort of current standard for frame size "ex. the kawasaki bike" ?

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
if its a 26" mountain bike it should fit
Walmart says it is, so I assume that the tire size dictates the frame size / opening where the engine goes ?

You would also have to say should lol...

Edit: OK, so I guess I found the perfect bike frame wise, shifter wise & brake wise... downfall, $165

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Schwinn-Clairmont-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike/21191088

Even has a steel frame, but what do you guys think ?

One thing I like is the way the frames shaped it should allow me to level the engine more and get a level carb.

Anyway, time to go make some money for this puppie.

Last edited:

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Ya but I could never find something I liked... tryin to eyeball frames. Ill keep checkin CL but I still think my best bet will be to get the last walmart bike I linked... it has the perfect old school frame shape.

Sent from my PANTECH Crossover ™ on AT&T via Forum Runner.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
The husky style, second bike on that link has the frame like the one at walmart. The one at walmart has what I want on it though. Never considered checkin places like target so ill have to do that later... thx.

Sent from my PANTECH Crossover ™ on AT&T via Forum Runner.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I have a Huffy Cranbrook that I got at Walmart for $75. I am a big guy, at 6 ft 2 and weighing 280 lbs, and this bike has served me well for over 2 years. I have upgraded both the wheels to a heavy duty rear wheel and a Worksman front wheel with drum brake. It is a single speed bike, so if you need gears for whatever reason, then a cranbrook isnt for you. But there is plenty of room in the frame for a 66cc engine, and the chain wont rub on the frame. I did lose the rear fender though. The chain will rub on the fender unless you cut a notch in it. I just didnt want to cut it.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Judging by the first pic that the OP posted, all he would have needed is a 410 half link to hook up the chain..lol
Nah, the chain still would be hitting the one bar that holds the rear wheel because of how high the engine sits in the unusually shaped frame among other aspects. I don't believe anyone has actually looked at the bike I got my eye on right now but this is it from Walmart @ $165 OUCH but nice bike fram wise, gear wise etc.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Schwinn-Clairmont-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike/21191088