Chrome Worksman Build Up

GoldenMotor.com

DasKapitan

Jul 27, 2008
Birchwood, WI
www.cetaceanmarine.com
MaxPower - I just got out of the hospital from surgery. Sorry for lateness of this reply.

I was looking at the fit of the mounts when I made that statement. I'd personally want my front and rear mounts as near to perpendicular to the frame as possible. I also said it before I knew of the custom front mount that's available from SBP's

On the attached pic I highlighted the angle the rear takes when the front is nearly perpendicular. With some good pourable resin like Chockfast Chockfast Marine - Industrial Grouts, Adhesives, Repair Products and Coatings and some innovative dam building or some intricate machine work to build angled spacers, is how I see it could be done in a Worksman frame.

It took both front & rear SBP mounts in my case to make it work.

Attachments

Last edited:

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
Das, thanks for all the info. I thought that I could grind a mount at an angle to fix the mounting issue. (see picture) do you see any problems with that? I'm considering a u-bolt mounting kit too. you (Daskapiton) said fenders may be a problem so I'm thinking about ordering an INB without fenders. I'm going to try to adapt some I already have. are there clearance issues with the chain and tire? I'm also considering manic mechanic's sprocket adapter or Grube HD axle. thoughts? What kind of techniques are their to prevent scratching the frame with the mounts? I've been using straight rubber pads. it's not effective. I thought it would help with vibration. I've heard lead was good too. Since I've got to mount this thing at funky angle, do I need to worry about the float carburetor not being level? I've Never pulled one of those things apart before.

what are SBP mounts and where can I get one? I'm looking for a simpler solution other than Chockfast.

I've been working out a better chain tenstion (see picture). I'm trying to make it universally mountable. I've been thinking about making it spring loaded arm for it.

Attachments

DasKapitan

Jul 27, 2008
Birchwood, WI
www.cetaceanmarine.com
MaxPower - Page 4 of this thread shows and tells my mounts plainly. They are rubber isolated. Front mount is a SBP item Sick Bike Parts same as the last picture of your reply. SBP's may sell the rear mount components only portion their kit. You'd need to ask them.

People ride wheelies with these engines so I'd say that it'll still run at up to a 45 degree max angle. I'd say 20 degrees max off level on a flat surface would be doable.

DasKapitan

Jul 27, 2008
Birchwood, WI
www.cetaceanmarine.com
Feeling much better now, got off my arse and rotated the crank spindle. Left Hand threads of the small bottom adapter are now on the right side. Doesn't loosen up now. So took her out for the first road trips. What a blast!!! :). Runs good even on the 16:1 mix from last year. Only issue I have is the motor will just cut out for no apparent reason but it will startright back up. Working on that one.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Wonderful to hear from you again!

I am greatly relieved to hear that you are feeling better.

Your bike is a beauty. I'm sure she is a blast to ride. Your problem sounds like fuel starvation. Either some restriction in your gas line or a problem with the float.

Great to have you back!

DasKapitan

Jul 27, 2008
Birchwood, WI
www.cetaceanmarine.com
Thanks Clotho - The fuel problem seems to be like vapor lock in the fuel tank. I think I have a defective cap that is not venting. I occurs less and less as the air volume increases in the tank. I'm back at sea on the boat so I can't mess with it now. On another note the bottom of my muffler fell out ond WOW!! a marked increase in performance. I went back and found the piece that fell out but it had been run over by a car and got trashed. I'm going to go for a custom stainless steel fuel tank from sportscarpt that fits beautifully like a glove in top of a worksman INB frame. This should take care of the cut out problem in a fanciful way. It's also obvious I need to get a proper exhaust with an expansion chamber on he ride.