99cc/212cc predator spark plug size ?

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
was wandering if anyone knows the alternate plug size and gap number .

put a iridium in my 49cc for a 8$plug was enough difference that i feel i should do it on the predator .

and for the sake of saving space thought id put the 212cc up their so if anyone knows plzzzz share .

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Well, I thought someone would answer this question right away. I thought to myself when I saw this thread: "why not RTFM?"

So I did for you. They call for NGK BP-6ES or Torch F6TC. So basically a "6" range heat.
Upon a little further quick research, I found the iridium equivalent: BCPR6EIX-11.

Under the new NGK numbering system it's called "4919". Your local Napa can get em for you if you don't have other means.
edit: the gap will most likely be correct out of the box, too .028-.031"

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

plug 4919 a little off from the stock plug in a 99cc predator as can be seen from my pic .

so im considering a couple washers to raise it out and even it out .

NGK part number B5HS. Store part number is 4210. for a stock standard plug replacement .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFILmUSerp8 good video on spark plug replacement claims it helped with idle etc hmmmmmmm may just go this route videos a little long but still good and actualy shows the difrence . .wee.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Personaly, I think there's a lot of hype in sparkplug advertisment. On a standard engine, with low tech cdi. or points igniton, not racing situation where milliseconds count, there is not a lot difference in performance no matter what brand the plug is.

Electrode /ground design does make a difference though.

The multi point plugs only fire at one point, until it erodes a little and moves to the next closest one, not all 2 0r 3 at the same time. Aircraft plugs are made this way for reliability, in case of a bout of detonation or lean conditon, the plugs won't burn out easily.

Now, Platinum or irridium plugs last WAY longer than standard plugs.

Electrode design does make a difference. I know of dyno tests on Ducati's, that verify that 2 stroke type plugs that have the shorter ground lug that exposes the electrode's do make a 4 stroke run better. The flame kernel gets a quicker start with the electrode spark not being shadowed so much by the ground lug.

Improves even more if the ground lug's end is tapered and radiused with a file.

You can take any standard plug and modify it like this, so that about 1/3 of the electrode is exposed when you look strait at the end of the plug, then taper it some to about 1/2 original width at the tip then round off the tip, and get a noticable improvement in performance, but a shorter plug life.

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
my votes for that the plug is for a 212cc so i will have to swing by my autzone just two long for my comfort i could spacer it out but why not just by the right one .

my first bike the guy up the street did that mod your talking about with a standard 2 dollar plug worked great the nice iridum ones do have that tapered effect and last a long time i never got into the night and day difrence for me its not about that more about the longevity of the plug and at least for me easier start and idle .