Speed-Demon Muffler from Bikeberry

GoldenMotor.com

Alson333

Nov 9, 2011
Kankakee Illinois
Ya I was woundering about the speed demon muffler too, how it fits. I had to grind my left peddel arm down some and drill the two holes in the flange to get my crome stock muffler to fit on ok. I imagen this speed demon muffler will give me problems, I hope not, but I think so. Will someone let me know.

LaLongueCarabine

Aug 15, 2011
United States
I just got one and posted about it in another thread. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=40137

I like it, it's very quiet with a small "real expansion chamber" bang when you rev it up.
Take off is about 10% better, but to be honest it might be wishful thinking.
It looks great though.

It fits better than my stock exhaust my left peddle would scrape my old exhaust, now there is plenty of room. We did grind and chamfer the flange because there was a huge burr blocking the opening in the pipe. Inspired me to get a better inlet manifold maybe a reed valve next (it never stops does it?)

I like it, it looks good, sounds better without disturbing the neighbors, and there is some small performance increase. It won't turn you bike into a screamer but I think it's worth it.

My boss who has years of experience with 2 stroke motor racing in go carts. Looked at it and shrugged and said it "wasn't big enough" he showed the ones they used and they were much bigger and had aggressive banana shapes to them.

Last edited:

BMS420

Jan 18, 2012
Hawaii
I have one on my stock boygofast 66cc and today no joke I hit 41mph with only 102 miles on the engine so I say it's good but to be fair I'm running a 27t sprocket and I weigh about 202lbs 6' and no not downhill

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
I am interested in getting one of these, and would like to know if it's worth the money.
First, expansion chambers affect a certain band, so what band does this one work with (low/mid/high)?
Second, is it any quieter than the stock muffler?
Third, is it possible to mount a silencer on the end of it for better noise reduction?

Thanks!

BMS420

Jan 18, 2012
Hawaii
It is but!! Low to mid range... I will go back to my banana pipe ones I get a bigger frame.. Don't have the crank clearance that I need to run that pipe and I don't want to get extended cranks

BMS420

Jan 18, 2012
Hawaii
It's louder than stock when you get high in the rpm's but low end to mid sounds really nice it's a good pipe I just want more top end wot it gets loud but no power

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Have you considered high-mounting it? This worked out best for me when I found this pocketbike pipe at a local scooterstore.

You do need a welder if you go this route though...