So you wanna make a really authentic early BTR...?

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Thanks for the post. Even if I can't afford it, there are some great pictures to make a copy.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Yep, This looks like the factory racer “Torpedo” tank style from as early as 1905.

In 1909 they changed their street bikes from the behind the seat “Camel back” or “Rooster Tail” tank (single bar frames) to the familiar between the 2 top bars style. I believe they also changed their factory racers to the new tank that year.

Although a certain amount of overlap or after market knock off's wouldn’t surprise me at all.

-Kirk

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I agree with the above opinions on its age. I'm not certain the seller is enough of an authority to reliably document this tank's history. The price might be about what demand would dictate, and I don't doubt the authenticity, but I wouldn't depend solely on the seller to appraise it.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Haha yea I guess but anyways I learned that the cat has gotten rid of the mo use that decided to try to live in my shed so when it gets too annoying il just grab my 4$ airsoft gun and just fire a warning shot or two. I wonder about that whole 1918 indian board tracker, how much that thing will go for anyone els see tha?

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
there's a guy here in NZ who built a frame around an old Indian motor, so the bike was classed as a 'replica' (altho the motor was genuine) it sold for around NZ80,000 from memory
I'll see if I can find a photo of it.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
hmm, that is about 60k us$- sometimes I regret I did miss the 1920s Indian Prince engine that went for 350 us$ at german ebay...